Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Loss of link between Calibre and Kindle

I haven't used Calibre in about a month ... sudden spate of library books ... and went to catch up today. Unsurprisingly, there was a prompt for an update, so I did that first. I am now on 2.83 and was on 2.78. For reasons to do with DRM, while books automatically download to my Paperwhite, to add them to Calibre I download them from Amazon. This means that, after I have added, updated metadata, and done a conversion to epub, I have to go into the Paperwhite from Calibre and match the Kindle book to the one in Calibre. Today when I went to do this after the first addition I noticed that only a small percentage of books in the Kindle showed as being in the Library. Back in the Library, I could see that only a small percentage of books showed as being on the device. The include the two most recent additions prior to the one today, put prior to that, there are large gaps.

I suppose I could go one by one matching the books back to the library ... but I have 687 books on the Paperwhite, so that would be *real* tedious. Any hope here?
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have all the books in yoour calibre library simply delete them off the kindle and resend them with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
elishabenabbuyah
elishabenabbuyah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have also been having problems transferring books from calibre to Kindle paperwhite lately. I do not use wireless on my paperwhite, so I transfer everything manually. I am reading library books that come in EPUB, so I open them with Adobe Digital editionsand then transfer them to my caliber library, convert them to azw3 and manually drag-and-drop them onto my Kindle. Recently, some of the books just do not show up. They appear when I open up the drive for Kindle in Internet explorer, but not on the machine, even if I search for them. Any suggestions? Thanks so much. I love calibre and I do not want to give it up.
elishabenabbuyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in one USA, just get the Kindle versions from Overdrive. Problem solved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
elishabenabbuyah

I have tried that, but the ones that are not showing up still don't show up.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
The problem with resending everything to the Kindle is that there are a bunch of books in Calibre which are not on the Kindle ... already read, not going to read, etc. I might be able to sort the right books into a block and send only those, but it seems awfully crude and will almost certainly lose the when received date, which is important for locating recently acquired books.
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well if you dont want to resend the only other thing you can try is deleting the metadata.calibre file from your Kindle, then calibre will rescan the full kindle and try to match book s automatically based on title and author.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elishabenabbuyah View Post
I have also been having problems transferring books from calibre to Kindle paperwhite lately. I do not use wireless on my paperwhite, so I transfer everything manually. I am reading library books that come in EPUB, so I open them with Adobe Digital editionsand then transfer them to my caliber library, convert them to azw3 and manually drag-and-drop them onto my Kindle. Recently, some of the books just do not show up. They appear when I open up the drive for Kindle in Internet explorer, but not on the machine, even if I search for them. Any suggestions? Thanks so much. I love calibre and I do not want to give it up.
If you can 'see' the books in Calibre when your kindle is attached to your computer, one of them is probably corrupt. Check to see if any of the books on your kindle are stuck indexing... if so, delete from your kindle the books that are not showing up and reconvert them in Calibre (azw3 -> azw3) and then resend them to your kindle. Good Luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #9
elishabenabbuyah

Thank you. How do I check that on the kindle?
Old 04-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #10
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elishabenabbuyah View Post
Thank you. How do I check that on the kindle?
From the home screen on your Kindle, do a search for a nonsense word (like "plkkt") and see if the results show any books that have not finished indexing.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #11
elishabenabbuyah

It does not. It says "no results"