Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
thosedays
thosedays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Saving books in same folder structure as it was taken

Hi.

As in thread name, is it possible to take by the calibre the folders structure/place information of where/how every book that were added were before and therefore late save all those books in the same way?

I did some basic search about this, but maybe because of my English, I didn't had much ideas of how to search more correctly for that, so my apology if there were earlier such topics, and answers.

Thank You.
thosedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think that what you are asking for could be achieved by using this plugin to capture the filename and path when adding books?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
above

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosedays View Post
As in thread name, is it possible to take by the calibre the folders structure/place information of where/how every book that were added were before and therefore late save all those books in the same way?
@thosedays - the GetFileName plugin will allow you to store the original path when a Book is added - e.g. "D:\My Books\Biographies\Recollections of a Bleeding Heart - Don Watson.pdf"

Right now I can't think of a direct way you could use that with Save to Disk. A Save to Disk template is intended to be used to construct a path based on a book's metadata - i.e. the title, author, publisher, #read_date, etc columns.

I don't know if it would work with a custom column containing a regular file path like you see you above, containing colons, sloshes and dots. It might work if you converted it to an internet path, perhaps via a composite (derived) column template - e.g to
Code:
file:///D:/My%20Books/Biographies/Australia/Recollections%20of%20a%20Bleeding%20Heart%20-%20Don%20Watson.pdf
But the GetFileName plugin will give you something you can work with .

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@thosedays - if you're only using the library to do conversions, you might want to consider using the Command Line Tools, they give you direct control over file paths, see ebook-convert.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, folder, folders, managing, structure