Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
arome
arome began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Question Error message when emailing books via Calibre with Gmail

Hello all,

I have been using gmail to send items to my Kindle.
It was working fine until now.

After trying again several times I upgraded to the latest Calibre version and it still did not work.

I had to use my hotmail address which seems to be working just fine instead.

Anyone encountering the issue with Gmail at the moment?
I am not an IT expert but it seems that Gmail may have upgraded their messaging facilities and it is interfering with Calibre.

Arome
arome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:50 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It would help if you posted your error message.

One thing just in general that gmail is doing is randomly blocking programs from using gmail via regular login, since they decided OAuth is more secure. Of course, they lie about the error message (claiming an inaccurate username/password combo) and then use scare tactics to try to stop you from switching the setting...

I'd provide a link to the previous person who had this problem with calibre, but I typed this on my Kindle Touch.

And without the error essage I cannot be sure that is the problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6010255?hl=en

You may need to "allow access for less secure apps".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
See https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6010255?hl=en

You may need to "allow access for less secure apps".
Thanks for the support.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emailing books, gmail, kindle