Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Striking Claw
Enthusiast
Striking Claw doesn't litterStriking Claw doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, ILiad, HP hx4700
MobiDeDRM not working any longer?

In the past I used MobiDeDRM on my Mobipocket eBooks to be able to use my books on all my electronic devices.
Up until a week ago this worked perfectly.
I bought some new eBooks on Fictionwise for my vacanction and used MobiDeDRM on them. Everything seamed to have worked as always, I can open those books without getting an error message and I can page 3 or 4 pages but suddenly when I try to page again my Cybook will kind of reboot and then is looked so I have to perform a reboot.
First I thought I had one currupt book but this happened with other newly bought books also.
Luckily I also had the original files with my and they work without a problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem too?
Striking Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I believe I've read here that Cybook doesn't like images larger than...I think it was 600 x 800.

Are you also converting the book to an HTML file? You could look to see if one of the images is larger than that.

One of the Mobi files I bought a couple of weeks ago had an image in it (of the book's title page) greater than 900 x 1200!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Striking Claw
Enthusiast

I wasn't converting the format. The original is a Mobipocket book and I just tried to strip it of it's DRM. It's a novel and other than the cover there are no pictures in it and the cover was displayed just fine.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Striking Claw
Enthusiast

There are possible several versions of MobiDeDrm

I just downloaded the ZIP-File 4DeDRMfiles.zip and used the Script "Python Script for MobiDeDRM.py 0.02.txt" after having renamed it to MobiDeDRM.py to again DRM a file which previously caused my problem and now I can access the decoded file with MOBIPOCKET which previously also caused the PC version to crash.
Maybe I used an old version of MobiDeDrm.

Does anybody know which version is the most current and where to get it?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If you go this post it explains how to convert the version 2 to version 4. I know nothing about Python but with a little trial and error I was able to produce a version 4 script that works with everything I've thrown at it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
If you go this post it explains how to convert the version 2 to version 4. I know nothing about Python but with a little trial and error I was able to produce a version 4 script that works with everything I've thrown at it.
Be sure to note those line numbers before you make any changes! Once you change the very first thing, the line counts don't match up any more. That was true when I did it. I did mention this elsewhere, though, so it's possible it's been corrected?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

It has not been corrected.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
It has not been corrected.
If you make the changes from the largest line number down then you won't have a problem... since the added lines after the issues won't change the previous line numbers.

Or you could PM for possible help on this. hint hint

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I believe I've read here that Cybook doesn't like images larger than...I think it was 600 x 800.
That was a bug in the very first Gen3 firmware. Long since fixed!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striking Claw View Post
I wasn't converting the format. The original is a Mobipocket book and I just tried to strip it of it's DRM. It's a novel and other than the cover there are no pictures in it and the cover was displayed just fine.
I am having the same problem.
I am using the PID from my iPaq and it has worked perfectly until now, and I have MobiDeDRM4.

I did what any normal, sane person would do - I panicked!!
Sent Leep an e-mail and shall see what transpires.
Was it something we said?
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Use the Python WinEditor and make the following changes to your script where you see:

flags >>= 1
[Tab]while flags:
[Tab][Tab]if flags & 1:
[Tab][Tab][Tab]num += getSizeOfTrailingDataEntry(ptr, size - num)
[Tab][Tab]flags >>= 1
[Tab}return num

It should read:
flags >>= 1
#[Tab]while flags:
[Tab]if flags & 1:
[Tab][Tab]num += getSizeOfTrailingDataEntry(ptr, size - num)
[Tab]flags >>= 1
[Tab]return num

cheers

Last edited by Leep; 11-17-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
These changes were my first attempt at a fix for the 0.02 script. They do allow the script to work on more files, but it isn't a complete solution.

Instead, you should apply (to the 0.02 script) my second set of changes, detailed here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Use the Python WinEditor and make the following changes to your script where you see:

flags >>= 1
[Tab]while flags:
[Tab][Tab]if flags & 1:
[Tab][Tab][Tab]num += getSizeOfTrailingDataEntry(ptr, size - num)
[Tab][Tab]flags >>= 1
[Tab}return num

It should read:
flags >>= 1
#[Tab]while flags:
[Tab]if flags & 1:
[Tab][Tab]num += getSizeOfTrailingDataEntry(ptr, size - num)
[Tab]flags >>= 1
[Tab]return num

cheers
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
These changes were my first attempt at a fix for the 0.02 script. They do allow the script to work on more files, but it isn't a complete solution.

Instead, you should apply (to the 0.02 script) my second set of changes, detailed here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=125
Thanks to Leep and pdurrant, I have a very good idea what I will be attempting to do today.

After doing as I was told to; Go intoACTIVESTATE PYTHON.I managed to change it.

Last edited by nohmi2; 11-18-2008 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Mission Accomplished.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #14
Striking Claw
Enthusiast

I applied the changes proposed by pdurrant to update to version 0.04 and then used the new version on all my books (>100). Then I opened all of them and pages several times. With this new version all my ebooks worked perfectly.