Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #856
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
This one : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #857
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

COPS 1.0.0RC1

COPS 1.0.0RC1 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :

* Updated English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch translation files. Huge thanks all to the translators.
* Added Swedish translation. Thanks to Bo Rosén.
* Added Czech translation. Thanks to Zdenek Hadrava.
* Added a lot of refactoring to simplify the code.
* Added a lot of new unit tests.
* Fixed a caching bug causing problems with IE.
* Added an embedded Epub Reader based on Monocle. Thanks to all the beta testers.
* Cleaned up a lot of stuff to prepare for bootstrap template. Note to all CSS hackers, the stylesheets are now in templates/default/styles.
* Fixed the charset of most of the pages. Thanks to edent.
* Added a new category : ratings. Thanks to Michael.
* Fixed the URL rewriting in the OPDS stream, should fix file naming with FBReader. Reported by Rassie.
* Fixed a confusion between author's name and author's sort. Reported by At_Libitum.
* Fixed the style of the tag filters to show that they're clickable. Thanks to cycojesus.
* Replaced | by space in author name.

The road to 1.0.0 is long and this is one of the last steps.

The most important feature is the Epub reader I had to built from scratch using Monocle. To use it go to the detail of a book and click on the little eye icon. It was tested for some time (september 2013 IIRC) by me and some beta testers but please report your findings here.

To ease the debugging please check if your Epub is valid (http://validator.idpf.org/) before reporting here.

There is also a new "Rating" category that was contributed by Michael. Thanks a lot to him.

I've also continued the code refactoring, unit testing that I started last year. I've also started integrating a bootstrap template, it still need a lot of work but it should be the highlight of RC2.

As always, thanks a lot to all the contributors, translators and the beta testers. An updated Catalan translation is really needed, the other languages are mostly ok.

I talked about setting up a donation link with 0.9.0 release, It's now done. As stated in my webpage, my goal is to buy a Kindle Paperwhite to fix the html rendering.

I'll update the Synology package next week.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #858
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quick apology for you- work got me swamped this week, but got a few screenshots off my paperwhite1, and am checking out your e-mail now, sending soon. Should I install 1.0 ontop of the earlier version on my server (synology)? [I installed manually last time- it was quite easy.]

-A
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #859
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
@vlad59:
Thanks, the demo of RC1 looks very good, I will test it as soon as i have more time.
I donated a little something to help you get your kindle
f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #860
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
@vlad59:
Thanks, the demo of RC1 looks very good, I will test it as soon as i have more time.
I donated a little something to help you get your kindle
f.
Thanks a lot.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #861
arineko
arineko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Testing the Synology package 0.9.0

I have been trying to use the Synology package that I downloaded today from http://www.synocommunity.com and I have been running in some problems.

The first one is that I could not get it to work until I changed the name for the shared folder to be only lowercase.

The second one is about multiple libraries.
Everything works well with just one library and the metadata.db in the root folder, but in my previous installation (not from the package, but copying the file in the web folder), I had multiple libraries.
I checked the config_local.php file several times and I believe the syntax is correct, but I still get the message "/volume1/calibre/metadata.db not found"

My shared folder is
/volume1/calibre
and I have added this path to the PHP open_base_dir

The line in the config_local.php file is
$config['calibre_directory'] = array ("MainLibW" => "/volume1/calibre/MainLibW/","FanficLibraryW" => "/volume1/calibre/FanficLibraryW/");

Is this a limit of the package or I am doing something wrong?

I would also like to suggest two small additions to the "Howto---Synology" page:
  • The path to the config_local.php file
  • How to access the file (or at least a hint of a suggested method).
arineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #862
vlad59
Addict

@arineko

Which version of DSM are you running ? DSM5 causes a lot of regression in PHP (check the end of the FAQ).

There is nothing that should prevent COPS from working if the directory is mixed case.

about config_local.php the README is hopefully clear enough :
Code:
= Install =

1.  Extract the zip file to a folder in web space (visible to the web server).
2.  If you're doing a first-time install, copy config_local.php.example to config_local.php
3.  Edit config_local.php to match your config.
4.  If needed add other configuration item from config_default.php

If you choose to put your Calibre directory inside your web directory then you
will have to edit /etc/nginx/mime.types to add this line :
application/epub+zip epub;
So config_local.php should be in the directory where COPS is installed (the one with index.php and feed.php)

English is not my main language so if you have some idea about explaining it better I'm all ears.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #863
Tue-Tue
Tue-Tue began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS 1.0.0RC1 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :

* Fixed the URL rewriting in the OPDS stream, should fix file naming with FBReader. Reported by Rassie.

Happy testing.
Hi
It's almost done. File names look like this "Book+name+-+Author+name.extension", using FBreader for Android.

Chrome for windows replaces the "+" with spaces.

Thanks a lot for your work. The embedded Epub Reader is just brilliant.
Tue-Tue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #864
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tue-Tue View Post
Hi
It's almost done. File names look like this "Book+name+-+Author+name.extension", using FBreader for Android.

Chrome for windows replaces the "+" with spaces.

Thanks a lot for your work. The embedded Epub Reader is just brilliant.
Hi,

I know the naming could be better but if I start to replace + by spaces then I would have to have special cases for IE and some OPDS reader that don't handle spaces well. So I'll keep that in mind but I won't do it soon.

Thanks for your remark about the Epub Reader it was indeed a lot of work for me and the beta testers (especially Mario).
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #865
dannyb78
dannyb78 began at the beginning.

Hello guys, I'm totally new to cops, I got it running on my freenas box but I'm unable to dowload files with my kobo devicese. I own a Kobo GLO and a Kobo Aura HD.
both can navigate my cops installation but tapping on "epub" button nothing appens.
both devices are updated to FW 3.2.0.

with my pc and android devices clicking on the same button instantly start the ebook download.

sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my post.
dannyb78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #866
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb78 View Post
Hello guys, I'm totally new to cops, I got it running on my freenas box but I'm unable to dowload files with my kobo devicese. I own a Kobo GLO and a Kobo Aura HD.
both can navigate my cops installation but tapping on "epub" button nothing appens.
both devices are updated to FW 3.2.0.

with my pc and android devices clicking on the same button instantly start the ebook download.

sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my post.
Hi,

The first topic of the FAQ should help
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #867
CHBMB
CHBMB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Question

I absolutely love COPS.

I have been sharing my library with my Dad, who is not too good with technology. Calibre was too complicated for him. So I've set this up on my Windows Home Server with SSL and it works brilliantly. Can download my mobi files from anywhere now.

The last thing I'm trying to get working is the email function. I have absolutely no programming experience or php knowledge but am trying my best...

I've managed to get the icon to come up in my web page to email a book but always get a NOK. bad configuration error.

My config_local.php currently looks like this

Code:
<?php
    if (!isset($config))
        $config = array();

/*
     * The directory containing calibre's metadata.db file, with sub-directories
     * containing all the formats.
     * BEWARE : it has to end with a /
     */
    $config['calibre_directory'] = 'Z:/ServerFolders/Books/Kindle Books/';

/*
     * Catalog's title
     */
    $config['cops_title_default'] = "Library";

/*
     * use URL rewriting for downloading of ebook in HTML catalog
     * See README for more information
     *  1 : enable
     *  0 : disable
     */
    $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "0";

$config['cops_mail_configuration'] = array( "smtp.host"     => "smtp.gmail.com",
                                            "smtp.username" => "myusername@gmail.com",
                                            "smtp.password" => "password",
                                            "smtp.secure"   => "ssl",
                                            "address.from"  => "cops@slucas.fr"
                                            ); 
$config['cops_mail_configuration'] = NULL;
But I can't quite seem to get it working. I'd really appreciate some help as this is the first time I've ever used any webpage stuff. There's definitely a beer on it's way for the author once I get it working.

Last edited by CHBMB; 04-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.
CHBMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #868
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Try:

Code:
$config['cops_mail_configuration'] = array( "smtp.host"     => "smtp.gmail.com",
                                            "address.from"  => "COPS"
                                            ); 

/*
 * $config['cops_mail_configuration'] = "1";
 */

or just remove the line

Code:
$config['cops_mail_configuration'] = "1";
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #869
CHBMB
CHBMB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Try:

Code:
                                            "address.from"  => "COPS"
                                            ); 

/*
 * $config['cops_mail_configuration'] = "1";
 */

or just remove the line

Code:
$config['cops_mail_configuration'] = "1";
That worked a treat thank you so much!!!
CHBMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #870
dannyb78
dannyb78 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

The first topic of the FAQ should help
thanks vlad, I havent found the faqs page. enabling url rewriting I got a 404 error downloading ebooks on all pc and devices. I'll check my apache configuration to fix this.

Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /download/5488/Fuga+Impossibile+-+George+R.R.+Martin.pdf was not found on this server.

Last edited by dannyb78; 04-12-2014 at 06:52 AM.
dannyb78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology