Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #571
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Absolutely. I'll tell you what... I reserved a slot for you. When the time comes, I'll write you and ask you for your UUID. So if you happen to change devices in the meantime, everything will be fine.
Thanks, Kris, I'll look forward to it!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #572
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
kyteflyer... As I understand it.... once you are registered to beta test and you provide uuid it cannot be changed (upgraded). That is to say.. make sure the device you "register" is going to be with you long term. You cannot simply re-register a new device.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #573
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
kyteflyer... As I understand it.... once you are registered to beta test and you provide uuid it cannot be changed (upgraded). That is to say.. make sure the device you "register" is going to be with you long term. You cannot simply re-register a new device.
I'm not looking to re-register anything. Not sure what you are getting at.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #574
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
All I meant was... don't provide UUID (for registration) if you are planning on changing devices soon (i.e.: iphone 4s to 5, etc.), wait until you have the new device. You are registering a specific device and you cannot simply "re-register" if you upgrade from one phone to another. You won't be able to test on you new device. I know odds of this are small but simply wanted you to know as it seems that some people change phones monthly.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #575
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
All I meant was... don't provide UUID (for registration) if you are planning on changing devices soon (i.e.: iphone 4s to 5, etc.), wait until you have the new device. You are registering a specific device and you cannot simply "re-register" if you upgrade from one phone to another. You won't be able to test on you new device. I know odds of this are small but simply wanted you to know as it seems that some people change phones monthly.
Oh. No, I'm not one of those. I will be continuing with my new 4S (only 2 months old, I've had to remain a generation behind, with phones) for the forseeable future. I still have my 3GS which I was using until I got the 4S. Kept because I wanted to keep using a usable Stanza... but find I can't stand the screen anymore. Must. Have. High. Resolution.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #576
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I still have my 3GS which I was using until I got the 4S. Kept because I wanted to keep using a usable Stanza... but find I can't stand the screen anymore. Must. Have. High. Resolution.
Right. iPhone 3GS has a "2000s screen", but this is the 2010s. Too bad Apple chose to release the iPad mini in 2012 with a 2000s screen. Hopefully, they will fix that soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #577
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Right. iPhone 3GS has a "2000s screen", but this is the 2010s. Too bad Apple chose to release the iPad mini in 2012 with a 2000s screen. Hopefully, they will fix that soon.
Its still useful for other things. It lives in a Sony speaker dock, I have all my music and audiobooks on it, as well as SIPphone which I use to make calls on over the home wifi, now I have retired my old Billion VoIP modem for an old (but reliably faster) Linksys which has no built in VoIP. Also have SIPphone on the 4S, so a readily available phone of any kind. And incoming still arrives on the landline

Sorry, going OT here.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #578
fiver22
fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fiver22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, pc, kindle, stanza, shubook, hp touchpad , moon+
Hi kguil (and everyone else)
I just thought I'd add my excitement for an iphone version. I have an ipod touch 5 -and before that an ipod touch 3rd gen and found reading in it to be much better than reading on tablets. I know I'm in the minority on this but there MUST be enough of us to make this a very popular feature request.
I'm REALLY excited to try out this out on my touch
Ad aside: do you have ANY plans for android? Android is really lacking in a great reader.
Thanks again!

Last edited by fiver22; 01-21-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: edit typos
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #579
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hello Fiver. Testing for version 1.2 is almost complete and will be released shortly. I'll be working on the iPhone/iPod version immediately afterwards and will be around in the not too distant future.

A version for Android is certainly something I am looking into but it take a bit longer.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #580
rjwheaton
rjwheaton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad (Marvin)
Footnotes

Hello Kris, really looking forward to the next release. One feature request (and I'm not sure if this is possible): pop-up footnotes. I'm reading a book with lots of annotations to the text. The publisher has made these footnotes -- actually endnotes, in another chapter -- meaning that there is a wait to open them. It would be fantastic to have a really quick one-tap open that only shows (ideally in a pop-up over the current page) the footnote that you have selected. I think that one of Kobo's apps has this. Is such a thing possible in Marvin?

Thank you again for such a great app.
Robert
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #581
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hi Robert, actually 1.2 was sent to Apple just a few hours ago.

It is my understanding that popup footnotes are supported in ePub 3 where footnotes are defined in <aside> elements. Soon Marvin will support ePub 3 style popup footnotes allowing for exactly what you're describing. In this case, the catch is that the publisher would have to have defined the footnotes this way.

I'm also experimenting with a method where Marvin will parse out and index all the footnotes a priori and make them available in popups. This is nice because popup footnotes will work for any book. Unfortunately, in books that have lots and lots of footnotes this process introduces a bit of a lag so I still have some work to do in this regard.

Nonetheless, rest assured that I'm already working on this.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #582
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Kris - with you we always rest assured!

Roll On 1.2!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #583
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
A version for Android is certainly something I am looking into but it take a bit longer.
Having just got a Nexus 7, I'd be in favour! :-)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #584
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
1.2 was sent to Apple just a few hours ago.
Yay! Can't Wait!! Thanks Kris!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #585
kyteflyer
Wizard

Excellent news, Kris. Now looking forward to iPhone beta testing
Closed Thread