Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
Has a proper bug report been filed? If yes, then there should be a way to check the bug's status.
I did PM Kobo with it. But all I got back was we'll look into it. No confirmation that it's an actual bug.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did PM Kobo with it. But all I got back was we'll look into it. No confirmation that it's an actual bug.
If my experience in a big Telco is any judge, good luck with that (hell, even our externalized IT won't look at a PC or network problem unless we have a ticket open with them!). That bug is probably sitting at the back of somebody's brain to look at if and when they have the time (i.e. best effort style, i.e. really low proiority). The people that write and fix software are usually evaluated against objective targets, like bugs closed in a database and if that one's not in there...

Need to find out if there's an actual Kobo bug tracking system available to us for opening tickets. But wait a minute, don't they have something like that for people with a defective unit?
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
i think the issue is similar to the margins not working when in the body. I think that it is the way the Kobo Touch is making changes like fonts and margins by overriding the body style (the have stated that they have a lot of issue with the adobe SDK and this might be a workaround).

If they are overriding the font-family in the css, maybe that is why they can't use the font embedded there. I would really like with issue like this to have them acknowledge that there is a problem of if they simply can't do anything because of the way they have programmed it and don't want to redo everything.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
i think the issue is similar to the margins not working when in the body. I think that it is the way the Kobo Touch is making changes like fonts and margins by overriding the body style (the have stated that they have a lot of issue with the adobe SDK and this might be a workaround).

If they are overriding the font-family in the css, maybe that is why they can't use the font embedded there. I would really like with issue like this to have them acknowledge that there is a problem of if they simply can't do anything because of the way they have programmed it and don't want to redo everything.
Kobo needs to fix this. Not just say they can't. The body style is where a margins and font-family goes in most cases. That's why this is a serious bug.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
I noticed Gentium Book fonts are the embedded fonts in the book form.
Also saw this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149072

They didn't say the epub in question used embedded or what form the CSS was in.
I did note 1 solution was changing the font name ending and another was converting TrueType to open type font.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
I noticed Gentium Book fonts are the embedded fonts in the book form.
Also saw this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=149072

They didn't say the epub in question used embedded or what form the CSS was in.
I did note 1 solution was changing the font name ending and another was converting TrueType to open type font.
It's not a truetype vs opentype. It's that Kobo chose to ignore a font-family command in the CSS when it is placed in the body style. This is a big screw up as most eBooks turn on the main body font by placing font-family in body. Most publishers do it this way.

Tags
epub, fonts