Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
mzakal
mzakal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Nook Color won't open emailed news

I'm new to eReaders and Calibre, so I'm still learning a lot about my Nook Color and how to use it with the program. I set up Calibre to fetch two news sources in epub format and send them to my gmail account for download onto my Nook. I accessed gmail, downloaded the files, but when I tried to open them, I got an error message that states "Download unsuccessful - No application can be found to open the file."

Puzzled, I synched the Nook with Calibre through a USB connection and tried transferring the files manually. No problem; both files opened perfectly.

What am I doing wrong in trying to access these files through gmail? I'm not proficient enough with either the Nook Color or Calibre yet to pinpoint where I'm breaking down in the process, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
mzakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It's an issue with the Nook not knowing how to open the ebook file you downloaded. I would ask in the Nook sub forum for help.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
star260
star260 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Ok had to register so I can answer your question.

When you download epud/pdf or any other type of files to your Nook Color through your email via the browser but it doesn't open; you have to then locate the file by going to:

Library > My files > My Downloads

Inside My Download folder you should be able to find anything you downloaded to your Nook Color.

Hopefully this helped

*Had the same issue and didn't know how to open it when I downloaded files through the browser in my Nook Color.

So I google'd it, and found your post after I found the way to open the files

Last edited by star260; 06-27-2011 at 07:53 PM.
star260 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error, gmail, news, nook color