Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2021, 05:30 PM   #1
stephenc909
stephenc909 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Chnage width of text boxes in columns?

My columns are all very narrow meaning I can only see the first few letters of every title, and I'm wondering what setting I need to change to fix this? I'm able to stretch the main window within calibre to make that wider, but it doesn't resize the text boxes inside the columns at all, it makes the library really ugly and I can't see the names of the books
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-08 222935.png
Views:	95
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	188595  
stephenc909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Are the column headers visible? You can drag the dividers around, or right-click and "resize to fit contents."
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2021, 06:01 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hover your mouse over the divider between column header names until you get a cursor like this Name:  icon-resize-12a.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  716 Bytes. Then drag it with left button down.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hover your mouse over the divider between column header names until you get a cursor like this Attachment 188596. Then drag it with left button down.
Or double-click to automatically resize it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:54 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Or double-click to automatically resize it.
For me the first click of double-click on a column header makes the column the sort column, and the second click reverses the direction.

Perhaps I have double click speed adversely set for this to work

FWIW: Double click a floating dock panel's title bar puts it back to where it was last docked.

BR
Advert
Old 08-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For me the first click of double-click on a column header makes the column the sort column, and the second click reverses the direction.

Perhaps I have double click speed adversely set for this to work

FWIW: Double click a floating dock panel's title bar puts it back to where it was last docked.
Read your post and just continue with mine.

If you double-click instead of dragging the separator, it will automatically resize the column. It usually will resize to fit the longest value, but, sometimes it will resize to a default if the programmer decided that was better.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator

Got it - I don't think I've ever known that

BR