Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-08-2021, 05:44 AM   #16
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
There are some who enjoy the challenges of Boyue devices and those who want easy to understand and use. ottischwenk is in the first category and unable to empathise with those in the other camp. Unfortunately, until you go Boyue it's not possible to understand the situation and yes support is minimal.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:33 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
There are some who enjoy the challenges of Boyue devices and those who want easy to understand and use. ottischwenk is in the first category and unable to empathise with those in the other camp. Unfortunately, until you go Boyue it's not possible to understand the situation and yes support is minimal.
I have received satisfactory responses to every request I send to likebook@boyue.com and any issues that arise have been resolved quickly.
I have no idea what people do who have problems with Boyue equipment.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:36 AM   #18
test666v2
test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I contacted likebook@boyue.com on Saturday and got a response today.
A post on Reddit doesn't seem a safe source of information to me.
I used the email address that you provided to also send an email to Boyue. Perhaps if more Boyue users contacted them, they could be persuaded to modify their amateurish benavior.

My text to them:

"Hello

I am an happy Likebook Mars owner from Portugal, Europe, bought through Amazon.

But I am very disappointed that your support service for upgrades is way well bellow minimal quality normal customer expectations.

I would like to request for Boyue to have an official website/page, at least in English, with reliable (because it is coming from your official website), up to date, "bona fides" upgrade download links for Mars and other Boyue products.

It is really not acceptable to provide this service through Facebook - this is very, very unprofessional. It is probably also illegal under European consumer protection laws.

Thank you for you attention,"
test666v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:57 AM   #19
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
So, are they alive or is it a broken company now?

Enviado desde mi M2102J20SG mediante Tapatalk
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #20
test666v2
test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.test666v2 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Likebook Mars
Still waiting for at least a simple acknowledgment of my email, but some user(s) in this forum had a next day reply...
test666v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by test666v2 View Post
It is really not acceptable to provide this service through Facebook - this is very, very unprofessional. It is probably also illegal under European consumer protection laws.
I can't imagine an answer to that.
There is no need to do this.
The reference to consumer protection is ridiculous.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:33 PM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
So, are they alive or is it a broken company now?
My experience is that they live.

My mail from 4.9. 20:33
Quote:
Is there a link for Likebook P10 firmware update BYRead-V3.1.12021081009?
Answer from likebook@boyue.com from 6.9. 10:13
Quote:
Yes, here is the local update package (BYRead-V3.1.12021081009) for your P10:

https://mega.nz/#!vAQk3DSa!SDonrXhah...kTJhgpi-H5DiUc
That doesn't speak for a broken company

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-10-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #23
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My experience is that they live.
What do you think of this thread and others similar on that forum?
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7406649324?prev=frs#/

Last edited by viceant; 09-11-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
What do you think of this thread and others similar on that forum?
I have no idea and I don't care what is being written about.
I emailed and got a response and that shows me that there is activity there - contrary to what has been said.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:24 PM   #25
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
I can't imagine an answer to that.
There is no need to do this.
The reference to consumer protection is ridiculous.
I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with all these statements.
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:16 AM   #26
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
There are some very strange companies out there in the e-ink domain. Ectaco is another one that seems to exist but not as most of us would understand it. I have one of their android tablets which I bought on ebay. Although Ectaco still sell devices there is zero support and their forum ceased to show new posts years ago. Attempts to contact tech support or sales enquiries simply result in spam and invitations for you to make an offer for the device you enquire about.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:54 AM   #27
viceant
Addict

Quote:
I have no idea and I don't care what is being written about.

I emailed and got a response and that shows me that there is activity there - contrary to what has been said.
I don't understand that kind of partisanism.
It's not surprising antimask or antivaccine people behave because it's political and, in a certain way, a way of life, but deny reality because being fan of a brand is something ridiculous.

Last edited by viceant; 09-20-2021 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #28
Motobylette
Motobylette began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
Thumbs down Version 3 1 1 ou 3 1 0

Bonjour, j'ai la version 3 1 0 2021 04 23 14, j'ai découvert la nouvelle version 3 1 1 2021 08 ... Lorsque je demande la mise à niveau le likebook T80D me dit «pas de nouvelle mise à jour» j'ai téléchargé depuis MEGA cette mise à jour mais j'hésite à la mettre en place surtout que je n'utilise pas le lecteur de Boyue mais uniquement moonreader.

Puis-je rester avec 3.1.0 ou bien 3.1.1 est beaucoup mieux avec moon reader ? Merci

Hello, I have version 3 1 0 2021 04 23 14, I discovered the new version 3 1 1 2021 08 ... When I ask for the upgrade, the T80D likebook tells me "no new update" I downloaded this update from MEGA but I hesitate to implement it especially since I do not use Boyue's reader but only moonreader.

Can I stick with 3.1.0 or is 3.1.1 much better with moon reader? Thank you
Motobylette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 05:25 AM   #29
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
I am still on Android 6 on my Mars. Are updates only applicable to Android 8? What is the latest for 6, I am on Build BYRead-V.3.0-2020031218 is that the latest?
Will be grateful if someone knowledgeable responds.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:13 PM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
I am still on Android 6 on my Mars. Are updates only applicable to Android 8?
Yes - nothing for 6

Tags
new local update for mars