Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The difference between the Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 is not that much: 171 ppi vs 189ppi. But of course you cannot display as much text regardless. The 7” Fire has never had any better resolution. I had the first generation Fire and didn’t have issues reading on it, but that was 10 years ago. So I would not reject it out of hand.

Note that it also has TTS and immersion reading, which you cannot do on a Kindle (Speak Screen is not TTS). And it has a 3.5mm stereo jack.

My favorite Fire was the HD6 (still have one; it still gets some updates — Alexa mostly). Same 1280x800 as the HD8 but squished down: 252 ppi.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-08-2022 at 07:51 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:10 PM   #17
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The Fire HDX had a beautiful screen, 323 ppi with 1920 x 1200. But they didn't stay with those better specs as they moved forward.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote