Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
PaulJaxHD
PaulJaxHD began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Post About to purchase, need current owners help

I'm about to purchase a PRS-600 but need a little information from current users. My goal in purchasing this is to help me in studying for exams. I need to be able to highlight paragraphs in a pdf and then export these highlighted sections to my PC to help me make 'flash cards'.

I've heard you can highlight pdfs and you can export the highlights but I've also heard that you only get the first 100 characters of your highlighted text.

Is this correct? Does anybody have experience with exporting highlighted text?

Thanks in advance for your help.
PaulJaxHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I just tried it, and I can't find a way to sync highlighted text to the PC - I can see it on the PRS-600, but I can't see it in the eBook Library software.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
PaulJaxHD
PaulJaxHD began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thanks, was that with the 3.0 version of the Software?
PaulJaxHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I have found the note-taking ability in the PRS-600 to be s-l-o-w.

Caveat: I have 1300 books on my memory stick. Fewer books, or all the books on the reader directly rather than on a card, may give better results.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJaxHD View Post
Thanks, was that with the 3.0 version of the Software?
Yes - the newest version of the 3.0 software.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I think the technology isn't as good as people imagine right now for document manipulation.
Give it another 2 years and things should be very workable.

For reading straight novels however ... e-readers make excellent devices.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export text, highlight, prs-600