Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Amazon Amusement

The item concerned is a purple-covered blank notebook
http://www.amazon.com/Violet-Wrap-Li.../dp/1551564971

I am very tempted to click the link under it to request it be made available on the Kindle, and I have to admit I love that shade of green - from the description:
Quote:
Capturing the look of this original silk in the exquisite shades of green
I was tempted to put this in the Kindle forums, but common sense prevailed
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
common sense ?? you're slipping...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
At least they got it right on this one. Maybe the proofreader was colorblind? Of course, the real blame goes to the person who copy/pasted the description.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I want to tell the publisher I would like that book on the Kindle.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
The item concerned is a purple-covered blank notebook
How can a blank notebook be used (as in not new)?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I want to tell the publisher I would like that book on the Kindle.
It's a blank book -- you've already got that. Just create a text file with nothing in it but space. You can "write" in it by using the note-taking feature of the Kindle.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Speaking of amazon amusement, I just found out that a few months ago they changed their reviewer rating system, and Harriet Klausner has dropped from number 1 to 400 something.

Now I'm writing reviews again. My friggin ranking dropped from 9,000 to 24,000. But then again, I haven't written in three years.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
It's a blank book -- you've already got that. Just create a text file with nothing in it but space. You can "write" in it by using the note-taking feature of the Kindle.
I don't have a Kindle. I was just making a joke that a journal has the button for asking for it on the Kindle.

Bad joke, I know.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
common sense ?? you're slipping...
I blame the lack of ZCs. Or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
How can a blank notebook be used (as in not new)?
I hadn't noticed that!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
I am very tempted to click the link under it to request it be made available on the Kindle.....
Come on! Push de button! Ya know you want to. Come on, Am, just do it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Come on! Push de button! Ya know you want to. Come on, Am, just do it.
Nah - you'd never catch me doing something so utterly silly and... oh. Right. I appear to have done it...
Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Excellent! And I followed your lead and did it, too.

Uh, by the way, what's a Kindle?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

I have no idea. But I think it must be some kind of chair because the link does say you want to read it ON it.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I have no idea. But I think it must be some kind of chair because the link does say you want to read it ON it.
could be a sofa. i love to read on a sofa.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
could be a sofa. i love to read on a sofa.
We have these chairs at my house that you actually lie across. So your head is propped up and your legs hang over. It has big fluffy cushions and is also next to the fireplace. They are so awesome.