Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
bookstar
Noobie
bookstar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Page Numbering

Hello,

How would one set up correct page numbering on books that already have a contents page within the file. Also, I cant seem to figure out how to add my own toc, it seems as tho calibre can generate this but I cant seem to get it to work.

The reader seems to start numbering pages obviously from the first page onwards, however if say page one actually starts a few pages in, it all gets messed up. This mean if on the contents it states chapter 5 starts on page 42, and I jump to that page number on the reader It wont be correct. Am I missing something really obvious here? Can one edit page numbers on the reader? Would I be looking for a specific tool?

Cheers,
Dan.
bookstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you talking LRF or ePub?

In LRF, if you go to the external ToC via the menu, you'll see what page number the entries refer to and that is correct.

ePub, the page numbers work a little different and what you get might not be exactly correct. It'll be off a page or two if at all.

The reason you cannot have page numbers on an internal ToC is that if you change the font size, your page numbers are then no longer correct. But the external ToC does keep this correct no matter small, medium, or large.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert