Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
xifos
xifos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Arrow Kindle 3 (Keyboard) version 3.1 wont update to 3.3

I have tried updating my jail-broken Kindle 3 (WiFi only) from v3.1 to v3.3 with failure. I had previously installed screensaver and usbNetwork hacks. I have tried to install the update for 3.3 in the following cases:
  • Fresh after factory reset
  • After installing jb, ss, usbNetwork
  • After reset, install jb and hacks, uninstall jb and hacks

The update process fails on a "checksum failure" for the file "/opt/amazon/ebook/config/ServerConfig.conf" as I have interpreted from the logs by the ";dumpMessages" command. After reading several threads I think I need an image of someone's *untouched* rootfs. Since v3.1 is very old, I know I'm asking for a lot! Thanks for reading
xifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
re-download the update: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...29700#download

Copy the file to the root directory and try again
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You wouldn't happen to have installed the freedl hack at some point, would you? I seem to remember it being one of the things editing serverconfig...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
xifos
xifos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Hi Guys,

Thanks for replyin' !

@Shack70: That's the thing that Amazon CS told me. I have tried that numerous times.

@NiLuJe: No, I'm sure I haven't installed freedl. I might have installed the fonts hack though, could that be it? I can't remember clearly.

Btw, I can say with surety that the 3.3 update allows faster page turning! (My roomie has a Kindle with v3.3)
xifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@xifos: Nope, not the fonts hacks. Might've been modified by a few of the download/no logging/update blocker stuff, though.

If noone gets back to you, I have a 3.0.2 backup that I could use to patch it up to 3.1. You might want to do a search on both forums first, it was a somewhat popular file request at one point .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert