Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
BigHeadDog
BigHeadDog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and Nook
Transfer of purchased ebook from 505 to nook

I had both sony 505 and nook and read in http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=2246 that i am able to transfer ebooks from 505 to nook. I tried to launch sony ebook library software and the ADE but unable to transfer purchased ebook from 505 to nook. is that even possible???
BigHeadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
I was able to authorize and move Sony ebookstore epubs (re-downloaded versions of my purchased LRX formatted ebooks with DRM that were re-downloaded as DRM/Protected ePubs) over to my Nook on my second attempt. But it did work (first attempt failed I think b/c I had registered ADE on one computer to a new/unrelated account different than my Sony Connect account).

When you install the Sony Reader software on a new computer (or maybe after wiping out the old version by uninstalling and removing your old DRM authorizations for that program), it also registers you with Adobe with an account with the same email address and password as your Sony Reader account.

See the post below for how I got it to work:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12

Good luck,

Dave
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert