Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I got charged for Whispernet!

This is the first time it's happened for me. I sent the MobiPocket Guide from here to my Kindle by Whispernet and they charged me $0.45 for it. It was sort of startling, since I'd never had a charge for that sort of thing before. It is a huge file, so maybe that triggered something.

Not that $0.45 is all that much, but it was a new experience...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Uh................really? You aren't pulling our chains?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That I got charged or that it's the first time I've been charged?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That you got charged.

Sure glad I know how to 'drag and drop'.

Amazon is realizing how much business they are losing.

Unfortunately...........they're about to lose a lot more if they continue this way.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You've been out of touch my little Pshrynky friend. The charging started on May 4th.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Oh.......we're talking emailing files? Like here?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/P...=1&*entries*=0
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh.......we're talking emailing files? Like here?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/P...=1&*entries*=0
Yep. Pretty much moving any non-Amazon files via Whispernet. @free.kindle.com is still free.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
yeah, very different animal than charging for whispernet. have another cuppa pshrynk!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
yeah, very different animal than charging for whispernet. have another cuppa pshrynk!
Ummm... actually, the charge was for using whispernet for a non-amazon file, so it was exactly like charging for Whispernet. I think I have used Whispernet for a few smallish files and did not get a charge since 4 May, but not sure. Not complaining, just reporting...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Ummm... actually, the charge was for using whispernet for a non-amazon file, so it was exactly like charging for Whispernet. I think I have used Whispernet for a few smallish files and did not get a charge since 4 May, but not sure. Not complaining, just reporting...
pshrynk.........if you have time, could you call kindle support and ask about this?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Sony 505s are now $199 at Borders.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48581
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
And your point is...?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
"Charging for Whispernet" implies that you are getting billed for things like Internet access on the Kindle.

Otherwise, while not everyone knows about it, the charge to convert / send some documents to your Kindle via email is public knowledge.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
No, "being charged for Whispernet" is precisely what this is - a charge for Sprint data transmission of your document to your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
And your point is...?

(psst.........daffy..............its blasphemy and I think we should burn the witch! I"m just sayin'.........)