Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Neil, sorry to hear you're ill , but happy to hear that you are putting a positive spin on it .

Enjoy the reading time!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:24 AM   #17
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Hang in the Neil and best wishes for a full recovery, whatever the time table may be.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #18
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Best wishes, Neil

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #19
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Best wishes for an indolent recovery .

Seems recently that quite a few MR bods have been mended, or are due to be mended - I hope they all recover as comfortably as possible. .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #20
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Get Well VERY VERY Slowly, But totally Painlessly, We'll think of you and miss you, Take Care ....
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 AM   #21
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Many thanks for your notes and advice, folks. That's really cheered me up. I won't forget the charger and thanks for this, Dreams ***get something to attach to your Reader so that if you fall asleep it can't drop to the floor.*** Very sound idea that hadn't crossed me mind. Easily done because I have a TuffLuv flip top cover than has a loop on the back that I can attach a cord to.

This is the first of three rounds of surgery I must have over the course of the year, so I'm gonna be darned well read by 2011, eh? Cheers to everyone. Sorry if I'm out of touch for a while as of next week.

Love and luck to you all. Neil

I'm not sure if I'll get internet access, but I can do some editing and proofing offline. I don't intend to over-do that, though, so the reader will take some hammer.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire

Oh Man! Sorry to hear it Neil. I hope all goes as smoothly as possible!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #23
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Take the time you need, but you will be missed. Check in when you can, let us know how its going please.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks chaps:

Just to make my week complete, when I tried to open my PC this morning to start work and to save urgent work onto memory sticks to use with this wee netbook, the darned thing wouldn't cooperate.

A tech guy's just been and taken it away. The mother board's kaput, so it means importing a new system from the UK or US (otherwise it would be in French). He'll be able to save my files, I guess, but not all the special software I have in there for my work.

And my big and beautiful Calibre Library will be wiped out, I suppose. That's what I was going to use this weekend to stock up on reading because I only carry a few odds and ends and my current reading book in my 505.

I've just installed Calibre on my netbook, so now it's a matter of downloading some new books. I'll try here at MR first; facing a lot of lost work through hospial time this year and now with a new computer to buy, I'll be conventrating on MR's generous free classics. Any quick reading tips would be appreciated.

Hoots. Neil
Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Thanks chaps:

Just to make my week complete, when I tried to open my PC this morning to start work and to save urgent work onto memory sticks to use with this wee netbook, the darned thing wouldn't cooperate.,,,,
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
my Kindle was a fantastic help with my recent knee surgery. familiarize the nurses with the device so that when you are looking for it they don't think you're hallucinating. I had fallen asleep with my Kindle (which is normal for me), but it had somehow become tangled in the sheets. when the vampire shift nurse came in to draw my blood I was frantically searching for it. she asked what I was doing and I told her I had misplaced my Kindle. "Your Ken doll?" no!!! Kindle. and electric reading device. "an electric what???" finally when she was really close to going for backup I found it. this just isn't a conversation that makes any sense at 4 in the morning!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #27
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
TIPS

1 - Get a non-usb charger
2 - Put some Harlequin romance books on your Sony. The night staff will charge it of you.

VERY IMPORTANT
3 - Put the harlequin romance books on it in installments. The staff will make sure that you have a full, slooooow recovery.

Best wishes.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
neilmarr
neilmarr

Thanks for the chuckle KindleKitten and for the tips, HorridRedDog: I have the bee's knees in chargers, but I don't think I'd ever be so desperately ill as to download Harlequin, even for the hospital staff's sake. Best wishes well received, though. Be sure I'll cash 'em in. Cheers. Neil (the Karma Santa)
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #29
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
.... but I don't think I'd ever be so desperately ill as to download Harlequin, even for the hospital staff's sake. ....

Good Man!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #30
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Neil,

Wishing you an uneventful, peaceful recovery with lots of reading!
Do let us know how it goes.

Warm Regards,
Gabrielle
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote