Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Book to home is 4 seconds, back to book is 2 seconds, (631 pages).
Checked it this morning and from book to Home is 10 seconds (107 page book).
From Home to book its 9 secs.

This is livable to me, but what I have also seen is that when I touch the cover of the book I'm reading in Home, normally I get a "highlight" round the edge of the cover that tells me that it has recognised my touch and is switching to the book. Now I don't.

Thus, with the delay in swtching, it gives the impression of a dead touch/tap.

One other small niggle is the the tiny battery icon on the my Touch.
It's not very accurate, it showed about a third full a few days ago even when a message telling me it needed to be recharged.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
This is livable to me, but what I have also seen is that when I touch the cover of the book I'm reading in Home, normally I get a "highlight" round the edge of the cover that tells me that it has recognised my touch and is switching to the book. Now I don't.

Thus, with the delay in swtching, it gives the impression of a dead touch/tap.
Certainly does. Basic rule of writing user interfaces is to give feedback that the action is recognised. I see the bug often, but not every time.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert