Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #766
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.6.7 - 27 Aug 2012
  • Allow shortcuts for config & about menu items to prevent crashes on some unpatched Macs.
  • Allow https urls (replace to http).
  • Fix for extra tags inside metadata on ksarchive.com
Old 08-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #767
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
Okay, I'm looking at include_subject_tags. Let me see if I've got this straight: if I don't want character names, genre, status, categories included in "tags" (but just in their respective columns for genre, status, characters, etc.), I can comment that out (or remove some of the items on the default list). Is this correct? I still want to collect that data, but I don't want that stuff listed in the regular tag section.

Thanks!
That's correct. Remove the items from the default list. I did the same.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #768
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.6.7 - 27 Aug 2012
  • Allow https urls (replace to http).
Excellent! Thanks.

And now, another issue. I have, and frequently use, an 11" MacBook Air. I love it. It's light enough I can take it just about anywhere.

One of the few problems I have with it has to do with screen real estate, usually with stuff not fitting on the screen that I need to see. Like buttons you need to select to say "okay" or "cancel" when it comes to editing configuration or preferences. (Screen size on my Air is 1366 x 768.)

I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-calibre.png
Views:	234
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	91406  
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #769
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
One of the few problems I have with it has to do with screen real estate, usually with stuff not fitting on the screen that I need to see. Like buttons you need to select to say "okay" or "cancel" when it comes to editing configuration or preferences. (Screen size on my Air is 1366 x 768.)
The FFDL config dialog will remember what size you last had it. Resize it smaller and you should be good to go.

It does, however, have a minimum size that varies depending on which tab needs the most space. Unless you have more than ~10 custom columns that should be 'Basic'.

If you do have oodles of custom columns, I can make that scrollable. But I'd caution you to reconsider some of them. Lots of custom columns and especially composite custom columns slows down calibre noticeably with a library of any size.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #770
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Testing a fix for dracoandginny.com, see attached.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-06-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #771
evamaria
evamaria began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
@evamaria - No problem.

Let's do one more round of testing just to be sure. Please try the attached version and make sure it works for you.

(update)

Never mind, I've gone ahead and put these changes in the release version since I had some other updates..
Updated the plugin, but when I tested it, Calibre crashed again. I've attached the crash log. This is the report when I started it in debug mode:

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.67
Darwin-10.8.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Darwin
('Darwin', '10.8.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:32:41 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.3
OSX: ('10.6.8', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Starting up...
Started up in 4.12 seconds with 926 books
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Crash report.rtf (63.4 KB, 153 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #772
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamaria View Post
Updated the plugin, but when I tested it, Calibre crashed again. I've attached the crash log. This is the report when I started it in debug mode:
Please try this version and see how it works. (Mac users only.)

If there are any other Mac users hanging around, I'd love to hear from some that FFDL PI does work for.

Update Sep 6, 2012: You can still try this version, and I'll leave it here in case we need to refer to it, but the changes included have already been included in the v1.6.8 release.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-03-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #773
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New beta version for people to try.

Changes:
  1. Add 'Relationships' metadata. There are 6 sites that actually present that data (AO3, checkmated.com, national-library.net, ncisfic.com, ncisfiction.com and prisonbreakfic.net) and another 13 that the 'ship is implicit and included by default.
  2. Add extracategories, extragenres, extracharacters, extraships and extrawarnings configuration parameters. These are mostly to move the implicit categories, etc out of code and into configuration, but they can be used by end users to add/remove implicit settings. (IE, www.harrypotterfanfiction.com doesn't tag every story 'Harry Potter', so we add it. But now we add it in the ini file instead of in the code.)
These features, especially moving the implicit categories, etc out of code and into configuration touch a lot of files--53 of the 72 site adapters, in fact.

So I'd appreciate to hear how it's working--both good and bad.

Thanks.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-06-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #774
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
New beta version for people to try.

Changes:
  1. Add 'Relationships' metadata. There are 6 sites that actually present that data (AO3, checkmated.com, national-library.net, ncisfic.com, ncisfiction.com and prisonbreakfic.net) and another 13 that the 'ship is implicit and included by default.

Thanks.
I briefly looked at the relationship feature. It seems to work pretty good. I tried a couple stories on AO3 and KSA. Although, one story did not list the pairings, I realized that the author had chosen not to list them so they couldn't be grabbed. One of the AO3 stories had mulitple pairings, which it got with no problems. Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep testing it out at the moment, but I will look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for the great work!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #775
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Hi,

I'd like to make another site request.
http://merlinfic.dtwins.co.uk/

Last edited by Firedancer885; 09-06-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #776
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
So I'd appreciate to hear how it's working--both good and bad.

Thanks.

Hi Jimm,

I just upgraded to you latest beta version, but now have problems with the configuration window.
When I open it I can't see the buttons at the bottom. The top of the window is at the very top of the screen, I can't move the window higher. When I try to pull the upper edge (just the edge not the whole window) of the config window lower it won't budge. (I can only make the window narrower not smaller). But when I switch to the Custom Column tab, I can resize the window. The moment I switch to any other tab, the config window resizes itself so the buttons at the bottom are hidden again.
Please fix this.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #777
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Firedancer885 - I see some minor weirdness with the scrollable area on the Generate Cover tab, but that was there before.

The only change to the config dialog in the beta version is to add 'Relationships' as an available metadata to populate custom columns with.

Have you tried the usual candidates already? Restarting calibre, reinstalling the plugin, reinstalling the previous version of the plugin, rebooting the computer?

What is your OS version? Can you provide some screen shots of the behavior? Do you have a large number of custom columns (>7) defined?

Jim
Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #778
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
@Firedancer885 - I see some minor weirdness with the scrollable area on the Generate Cover tab, but that was there before.

The only change to the config dialog in the beta version is to add 'Relationships' as an available metadata to populate custom columns with.

Have you tried the usual candidates already? Restarting calibre, reinstalling the plugin, reinstalling the previous version of the plugin, rebooting the computer?

What is your OS version? Can you provide some screen shots of the behavior? Do you have a large number of custom columns (>7) defined?

Jim
I tried restarting Calibre, the problem is still there. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I reinstalled the latest "official" plugin, the problem is still there. I have 18 different custom columns for different things, as you can see from one of the screenshots. I tried to demonstrate what happens when I try to resize the window, the cursor changed shape in the picture.
I'll now restart the laptop and then post the results in a new post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 01.png
Views:	209
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	91918   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 02.png
Views:	184
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	91919   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 03.png
Views:	185
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	91920   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 04.png
Views:	194
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	91921  
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #779
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Ok, restarted the laptop and the problem is still there. As you can see from the pictures in the previous post, I can resize the window when it's on the custom column tab (and only when it's on the CC tab), but it resizes itself the moment I change to a different tab.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #780
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
I have 18 different custom columns for different things...
That's more than I've ever bothered testing with. Attached is a version that will scroll the custom columns list when it gets long. See if that helps you any.

Jim

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-06-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread