Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Tac420oma
Tac420oma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Angry Scanned PDF onto Kindle 2. Help!

Hey guys,

I bought a Kindle 2 just 5 days ago. Been playing with it and its amazing. Kinda bummed about Kindle DX because I just bought the Kindle 2 but I dont think I would carry a huge screen around with me. Kindle 2 is perfect size.

Anyways. I have a dilema!

I have a scanned e-book. Everytime I try converting with MobiCreator it does not work. I get weird text all around and although some things come from the text in the ebook, it just not readable because the book is like " ThE BoOk o F Cre aTure s" and its just spaced out and capitalized incorrectly.

What I am trying to get at is how can I convert the ebook so its readable.

I looked into Savory and they have some picture perfect pdf convertion but I dont want to install anything on my kindle if I dont have to.

Please help!

I have many scanned books and want them working on the Kindle 2.

P.S. - I am guessing that when MobiCreator tried converting these scanned pages it tries to read the text but since there is scan black spots from bend of book it cannot make what is on the pdf. Maybe a convertion into pictures of each page would solve it. But again I dont know how this all works..

Please Help!
Tac420oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Savory is based on calibre, which can be run on your computer:
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/.

Also, for PDF conversion you might want to look at Book Designer. I swear by it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Best solution is to pass the book by a OCR program - Findreader or Omnipage will give you the best results - and then convert the result to the Kindle format you want - per example to Mibipocket format.

Best reagards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi

Best solution is to pass the book by a OCR program - Findreader or Omnipage will give you the best results - and then convert the result to the Kindle format you want - per example to Mibipocket format.

Best reagards,
But be prepared to do a lot of editing of OCR errors. Number of errors depends on the quality of the original, the scanning quality and resolution, the original font type, the OCR software quality, etc.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try k2pdfopt. Scroll to the bottom of that page for other kindle / PDF tools.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #6
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Do you know what necrobumping is? Resurrecting topics from 2009, that's what.

Quote:
"This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here."
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try googling: scanned pdf kindle
When google stops putting three-year-old threads near the top of its search results, I'll stop necrobumping.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, kindle 2, pdf