Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
dr. ego
dr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy bluedr. ego can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmreader View Post
Hi, I've converted the stardict dictionaries to and from dutch for english, french and german.
Thanks for the dutch dictionaries!
dr. ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #32
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
CAN SOMEONE HELP PROVIDE ENGLISH->CHINESE DICTIONARY?
THANKS
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2014, 03:32 AM   #33
123kajote
123kajote began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Kobo Aura H2O
Ok, first SLOVENE-ENGLISH file had problems...
here are new one's (also in need for testing):

http://wikisend.com/download/875392/dicthtml-sl-en.zip

http://wikisend.com/download/109716/dicthtml-en-sl.zip

best regards from Slovenia

http://www.slovenia.si/
http://www.slideshare.net/MBRANK/slo...tation-1878056
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-sl.zip (828.5 KB, 2156 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-sl-en.zip (828.5 KB, 1689 views)
123kajote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #34
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
123kajote, rmreader: I added a link to your dictionaries in the first post of the thread. Thank you for your contribution!
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #35
rmreader
rmreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Alberto,

Thanks for adding the dictionaries to the first post, but I'm afraid you made a copying error. It says three times dutch-german, It should be dutch-german, dutch-french and dutch-english.

Kind regards,
Ruud
rmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Ops, I made a copy&paste (&forget-to-edit) error, now it is fixed, thanks.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:50 AM   #37
strico
Enthusiast
strico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy bluestrico can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-600
H2O

Hey,

Anyone can confirm that adding dictionaries with marisa and penelope works well on the Kobo Aura H2O?
strico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #38
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The f/w is the same across all Kobo eReaders, so what do YOU think?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #39
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo H2O
Just tried to convert a StarDict to Kobo-Format under Win7(ger), but failed.

The html files were created and zipped, but with messed up filenames:
(ä instead of Ä and etc.)
Code:
11.html
Ã*a.html
äa.html
äb.html
äc.html
zä.html
zö.html
zü.html
zz.html
Looks like UTF8/Latin-1 mixup. Any suggestions?

my batch file:
Code:
SET DictFilename=Custom_German_English_dictionary

cd C:\Python27\_ConvertKobo

"C:\Python27\python.exe" "C:\Python27\penelope_v2.0.0\penelope.py" -p "%DictFilename%" -f de -t en --output-kobo
pause
Soft used:
Win7 (GER) 64bit + penelope v2.0.0 + marisa v0.2.4 + pyglossary v2011.06.16 + python v2.7.8

UPDATE/EDIT:
just tested the created zip file with those "messed up filenames" on my Kobo H2O and it worked. So apparently misnamed html files do work too.
Kudos Alberto for creating this great tool.

Last edited by dash.; 11-14-2014 at 03:21 PM.
dash. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #40
ettore
ettore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello, can anyone help with italian-german and german-italian dictionaries?
ettore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #41
Irina U.
Irina U. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Arabic dictionary

Hi

Does anyone know where I could find an Arabic to English dictionary compatible with Kobo? I sideloaded a plain-text one (.dic and .cfg), but I'm not sure it would work. I also have a stardict one, but the converting process seems too complicated. Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 stardict-babylon-Babylon_Arabic_English-2.4.2.tar.bz2 (2.43 MB, 814 views)

Last edited by Irina U.; 11-19-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Irina U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #42
rmreader

Hi Irina,

I converted the stardict for you. Can you please try it and report back? If it works I'll ask Alberto to add it to the list.

Hi Ettore,

If you have stardict or Babylon files I will try to convert them for you.

Kind regards,
Ruud
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-ar-en.zip (1.90 MB, 2106 views)
Old 11-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #43
Irina U.
Irina U. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Thank you so much!. It's working as a fake Italian-English dictionary in my Kobo, because anyway I'm not using the real one. The thing is that it's quite limited in words. Any idea how can I transform this attached dictionary file into Kobo? It has files in it with extensions like .dic, .cfg, .ico and also the .exe file is probably made for PC use only...
Attached Files
File Type: rar slovar.rar (1.13 MB, 746 views)
Irina U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #44
rmreader

Hi Irina,

I'm sorry, but I cannot convert these. I need either a .tab file in UTF-8 format or the three stardict files .dic (or .dict), .ifo and .idx. I'm on linux, so I don't know what the pc program is supposed to do. Maybe you can take a look at http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/. I can convert the bgl files found there.

Kind regards,
Ruud

Last edited by rmreader; 11-22-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #45
rmreader

Alberto,

The arabic-english dictionary I posted above seems to work. If you want, you can add it to the list.

Kind regards,
Ruud

Tags
kobo dictionaries