Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
TOCs in single-section recipes on PRS-350 - odd behavior

On the Sony PRS-350, tables of contents for periodicals with only one section behave strangely. Each article shows up as an entry in the main TOC. You'd expect these entries to take you to the articles. Instead, they bring you to a submenu with only one entry. These submenu entries take you to the articles.

Other than forcing an extra click, this format obscures part of the article title in the main TOC (because some space is used to indicate that the entry has a submenu). I think it may only be an issue on some readers, because affected tables of contents behave as expected in Calibre's epub reader.

Some affected recipes are the built-in recipes for New York Review of Books, the London Review of Books, and ScienceDaily. I think what sets these recipes apart is that they only have one section, but I'm not sure. Maybe there's something I can add to recipes to change this? Or maybe I can adjust some epub creation setting?
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its a tradeoff, either you click each article twice or every time you go to the table of contents you have to click the section name and then the article, like you would for a multi section periodical.

I prefer the current setup.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
I much prefer the current setup too. A single section name in the main TOC menu sounds like a waste of space. Thanks for responding.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote