Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
mayamo
mayamo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
how come my kobo epub won't show a cover image?

hi,

I bought 1Q84 from kobo and when i open the book, i get the cover image, etc. all the images in the book.
HOWEVER, when I see it in the library/mainpage/screensaver, it's just a generic ugly book image.
I've already emailed 'contact us' ppl at kobo, but have yet to receive any replies (It's been days..)
How can I change this?
mayamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't know, it has happened the same to me with the last book I've bought.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamo View Post
hi,

I bought 1Q84 from kobo and when i open the book, i get the cover image, etc. all the images in the book.
HOWEVER, when I see it in the library/mainpage/screensaver, it's just a generic ugly book image.
I've already emailed 'contact us' ppl at kobo, but have yet to receive any replies (It's been days..)
How can I change this?
Have you thought of downloading it as an epub to adobe and then loading it on your reader that way? It could be just a corrupted Kpub... But I had a similiar issue with Calibre and I now just push the books from caliber (previously saved to a directory) and find that the covers show up no problem that way.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have the cover for 1Q84 on my Touch using the kepub format.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I have the cover for 1Q84 on my Touch using the kepub format.
I wonder if it is randomly occurring.. I noticed that some of my kepubs and other side loaded books would show cover pages and after I do a reset and re-install everything some would lose their covers where others would gain theirs.. Or it could just be another effect of getting too close to the onboard memory limit in my case.. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert