Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #1
pcrussell50
pcrussell50 began at the beginning.

Device: e-ink nooks and kindles
can't copy my Nook book file from rooted Android to Mac

Android content further down...

So, I travel for a living and have an older Nook that can't always connect to the B&N store due to some hotel's overly complex captive portals. It's a BNRV 300 Simple Touch, glow light. I would rather just side load this book I bought from B&N using my Mac. I cannot download it directly to my Mac though because B&N does not allow this.

So, I happen to be fairly handy with Android. I installed the Nook app on my rooted Android, downloaded the book I already bought for offline reading, used a root file explorer to find it, booted into recovery and used TWRP to copy it to my device storage "downloads" folder so I could see it on Android File Transfer. And voila... there it is. HOWEVER... If I try to drag it to my desktop, I get an error message and it won't let me. I can drag other files from my downloads folder to my desktop using Android File Transfer, but not this B&N Nook book file.

I want to drag it to my desktop, and then side load it to my old e-ink Nook.(I cannot stand to read on computer/tablet/smartphone screens. Especially in bright sun.)

Any ideas here?

-Peter
pcrussell50 is offline   Reply With Quote