Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IMO For ME the Kobo is better in that since I spend a LOT of time in bed reading... & Dozing The design of the Kindle would Not hold up to my 300# rolling on it. Just Saying
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #17
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Personally Barbara I do not think either will survive your weight rolling on it and I have both. E-ink screens in plastic frames are delicate and cannot survive any appreciable flexing at all. At least the Kindle Oasis 2 has an aluminum back.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well let me see I read on & at one time or other slept on 10" & 7" Fires PW3 Kobo 6" Aura & Insignia 10" Tablet ... Nope No Damage

I think the Kobo Aura 1 Would be fine. But the Kindle Oasis Nope That skinny side would Bend or Snap.... To Bad it Not designed for the Handicap

WOW eBay has a few @ $209 US price!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-12-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #19
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm guessing you'll like it. I like going the other direction -- smaller screens -- but I'm a bit weird.
I'm with you. If they could pack the One into an original Aura body I'd be all over it. I'd also like an update to the original Oasis making it just enough thicker to hold the entire battery. I have an original but the connection between ereader and cover is unreliable; I would have ordered one from Woot the other day if I'd seen it in time.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #20
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

I think the Kobo Aura 1 Would be fine. But the Kindle Oasis Nope That skinny side would Bend or Snap.... To Bad it Not designed for the Handicap

I wonder about that. The Oasis has a smaller Area (screen and body), the aluminum body, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #21
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
H2O (2017) all the way up!!
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
I couldn't agree more. And I count myself lucky to have an Aura One as well as the latest generation of Oasis. Both have a few things I'd like to see get better, and the point is, the technology is steadily improving, so I'm very bullish on e-readers in general.
Forgetting the buttons on the Oasis, which Reader do you feel has the better shape?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
You are making an excellent choice if those Kobo features are important to you. You will have no regrets on that point.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:20 PM   #24
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
It makes me think of Kampgrounds of America. KOA

There are hundreds of them in the States.
I have been known to read my KAO (Kobo Aura Original) at a KOA.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura one, ka1, oasis 2017