Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
dclauzel
Enthusiast
dclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question [Problem] Web browser is forgetting sessions

Sometimes, I have to use the (experimental) web browser of my Aura HD for accessing a few web tools (email, Twitter, my private online reference library, etc.). Those tools obviously require authentication (login + password).

The problem I am facing is that the web browser forgets that I was previously connected .

On my desktop computers, when I connect to — let’s say — Twitter, my web browser remembers that I have an open session (via a cookie), so it does not ask me again to connect; this is the expected behaviour.

But on my Aura HD, being connected to the same wifi hotspot (so with the same public IP, etc), the web browser always shows me the Twitter’s login form when I want to check my PM. The expected behaviour would be for Twitter and Kobo’s web browser to remember that this is me returning to my account.

When I check into the “.kobo” directory on my Aura HD, I can see that there are some cookies stored in the config files. I tried to delete them, or to replace them with the ones from my desktop’s web browsers. But no result: I am still asked to enter again my credentials.

The problem does exist everywhere: all the web applications do not remember that I was previously connected, so I suspect the problem is on the Kobo’s web browser side.

Does anybody is facing the same problem? Is there a way for the Aura HD’s web browser to remember my sessions on Twitter, Google, and other web sites?
dclauzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:36 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I just tested and see the same problem on my Glo with firmware 3.13.1.

I know it did remember sessions once, but I hardly ever use the web browser so I can't remember when it changed.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #3
dclauzel
Enthusiast
dclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to beholddclauzel is a marvel to behold

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I know it did remember sessions once
Yes, I also have this impression that once the Kobo’s web browser was remembering sessions. But I cannot say when it stopped working (somewhen in 2014?).

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one with this problem!

Last edited by dclauzel; 12-08-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
nicolas161
Enthusiast
nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.nicolas161 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Does anyone have a solution to this? It's still happening.
nicolas161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
dclauzel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas161 View Post
Does anyone have a solution to this? It's still happening.
Nop. And yes, it is still problematic.
Advert

Tags
web browser