Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM   #151
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Understood.

Deciding if I will go back to Qt 5. It was some effort to figure out how to build, e.g. all the patches for arm64 + not easily knowing the latest version of something wasn't compatible with sip 4, etc. Build environment isn't setup for Qt 5 anymore but that's for me to deal with.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:09 PM   #152
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You could still stay with your experimental version and configure Sigil to use an external Python for its plugins. An external Python 3.9.9 with PyQt5 and a few other modules (all installed from PyPi.org should allow you to continue using all of the existing plugins as is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 05:29 PM   #153
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Thanks,

How to do such, maybe I could figure out with a bit of thinking, after some caffeine and when I have a moment.

Indeed I am a particular case, now enjoying a native arm64 build. I could just easily keep a copy of current 1.80 download and use that as needed. I’m out often without plug so prefer native build to possibly extend battery life. Certain plugins I don’t use too often, yet I’d also loose some features not using master, one i had asked for. So unsure. Will consider.

I understand other things are going on, and such isn’t finalized, yet if initial work isn’t too bad and you’re in the mood, just updating GitHub would be helpful and I’d be very thankful.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:17 PM   #154
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i might be able to makes some github commits to get things working. I just don't want to make an official release. Give me a few days.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #155
democrite
Evangelist

I have gone back to Qt5 and rebuilt. Also kept separate folders of built files so I can rebuild only Sigil with either Qt anytime. Any changes can wait if you wish. Thanks for offering.

If I may make a request. Some publishers split longer chapters and also enclose files with section epub:type and role. Would it be possible to someday add the ability to remove or change various tags with such attributes?

Another possible useful attribute to change is title. Same publisher often adds span title="label" to numbered or bulleted lists. To fix them to proper hanging indents, I often change such.

Sometimes EPUB 3 page numbers from what I recall are also specified in some non-standard way such that the pagelist plugin isn't able to find them. That might be another case where such a feature to change attributes may be helpful, though there it may be a bit more work.
Advert
Old 01-11-2022, 05:23 PM   #156
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

You can already add your own additional attributes (including epub:type and role) via the config dialog. Adding additional tags is a tiny bit more involved, but I tried to make it as simple as possible (two changes in the utilities.py file)--mainly because I got tired of all the requests for additional tags/attributes! All customizations will survive uninstalls/upgrades provided the preferences json is not manually removed.

The config dialog is available via the "Edit" menu item, in case you hadn't noticed it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-11-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:22 PM   #157
democrite
Evangelist

Found it. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:35 AM   #158
Tenome
Enthusiast
Tenome began at the beginning.

This script is a lifesaver, thanks. ABBYY keeps putting in their own version of tags that I don't want. Wish I found this script earlier lol.
Tenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #159
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Glad you find it helpful.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:38 AM   #160
bballuk
bballuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So, I'm using old version of Sigil so I can use built in WYSIWYG editor.

I've just installed your plugin (lastest release) and it didn't work. So I enabled Sigil to use external python and it came with a error saying missing module PyQt5. I installed that and not I keep getting this error when trying to launch plugin.

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 134, in launch
    target_script = __import__(script_module)
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
    from dialogs import launch_gui
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\dialogs.py", line 14, in <module>
    from plugin_utils import Qt, QtCore, QtGui, QtWidgets, QAction
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\TagMechanic\plugin_utils.py", line 47, in <module>
    from PyQt5 import QtWebEngineCore, QtWebEngineWidgets  # noqa: F401
ImportError: cannot import name 'QtWebEngineCore' from 'PyQt5' (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\PyQt5\__init__.py)
Error: cannot import name 'QtWebEngineCore' from 'PyQt5' (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\PyQt5\__init__.py)
bballuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #161
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

TagMechanic v0.6.1 was released to fix the issue @bballuk was experiencing. There should no longer be a need for older versions of Sigil to configure an external Python with unneeded dependencies for the plugin to work.

Thanks to @bballuk for bringing it to my attention.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:20 PM   #162
tamaracks
Connoisseur
tamaracks began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova3
Count me as one who would love to see saved searches in this plugin. I have several things I'd like to do with it regularly, but I'm too error-prone to be attempting to choose the same options and type the same values every time.
tamaracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #163
Moonbeam111
Moonbeam111 began at the beginning.

Is there a reason the choice to change "a" elements/tags is greyed out? I need to change some 'a' tags but I can't because of the aforementioned issue. Pardon me if this has been asked but I couldn't find the answer in this thread.
Moonbeam111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #164
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not sure the ability to add tags to change a tags to has ever been supported. Other than deleting them, no one has (to my knowledge) ever asked for the ability to change a tags to some other tag.

Or perhaps the ability to enter new tags in the config dialog for a tags has changed at some point. There are no default setting for that tag -- mainly because I couldn't see the usefulness of changing a tags to something else.

I'll take a look.

In the meantime, you can edit TagMechanic's json preferences file to enable it.

Just change the empty

Code:
"a_changes": [],
line to:

Code:
"a_changes": [
        "span"
    ],
And save it. Then when you next launch the plugin, you should be able to change/add tags to the "a" tag's configuration. Just don't empty the list completely or it will probably disable edits again.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:18 PM   #165
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not sure the ability to add tags to change a tags to has ever been supported. Other than deleting them, no one has (to my knowledge) ever asked for the ability to change a tags to some other tag.

Or perhaps the ability to enter new tags in the config dialog for a tags has changed at some point. There are no default setting for that tag -- mainly because I couldn't see the usefulness of changing a tags to something else.
Yeah, messing with <a>s seems very dangerous.

Only possible use-case I could think of is maybe if dealing with pageLists. (Going from EPUB2's <a> -> EPUB3's <span>.)

Or if you wanted to wipe away all URLs for some reason.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote