Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 10:22 AM   #1186
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have a First Edition w/DJ.

If you're a John Irving fan - as I am! - then this is required reading. I enjoyed it.

If not a fan, then I would say skip this one. (I think [?] it was his first novel.)
Setting Free the Bears is his first novel, if my murky memory can be trusted (and it shouldn't be!).
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:08 PM   #1187
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Setting Free the Bears is his first novel, if my murky memory can be trusted (and it shouldn't be!).

You are correct.

The Water-Method Man came out in 1972, the year I bought my copy.

The Setting Free title came out in 1968.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #1188
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Simon Scarrow's Day of the Caesars, which is the sixteenth in his excellent IMO Cato/Macro/Eagles of the Empire series, is on sale at Kindle US for $0.99 as part of today's Daily Deal. Somewhat unusually, it's not matched at Kobo, at least as of now. Most of Scarrow's books don't go on sale in the US very often, so I'd grab it if you want it...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQI8DOC
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MQI8DOC

Spoiler:
Quote:
The Sunday Times bestseller

AD 54. Claudius is dead. Rome is in turmoil. And two brave heroes of the Roman army face the challenge of their lives.

Simon Scarrow's DAY OF THE CAESARS is not to be missed by readers of Conn Iggulden and Bernard Cornwell. 'A new book in Simon Scarrow's series about the Roman army is always a joy' The Times

The Emperor Claudius is dead. Nero rules. His half-brother Britannicus has also laid claim to the throne. A bloody power struggle is underway.

All Prefect Cato and Centurion Macro want is a simple army life, fighting with their brave and loyal men. But Cato has caught the eye of rival factions determined to get him on their side. To survive, Cato must play a cunning game, and enlist the help of the one man in the Empire he can trust: Macro.

As the rebel force grows, legionaries and Praetorian Guards are moved like chess pieces by powerful and shadowy figures. A political game has created the ultimate military challenge. Can civil war be averted? The future of the Empire is in Cato's hands...

IF YOU DON'T KNOW SIMON SCARROW, YOU DON'T KNOW ROME!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:42 AM   #1189
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Simon Scarrow's Day of the Caesars, which is the sixteenth in his excellent IMO Cato/Macro/Eagles of the Empire series, is on sale at Kindle US for $0.99 as part of today's Daily Deal. Somewhat unusually, it's not matched at Kobo, at least as of now. Most of Scarrow's books don't go on sale in the US very often, so I'd grab it if you want it...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQI8DOC
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MQI8DOC
Thanks picked it up
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #1190
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
If you are a fan of historical fiction, the Morland Dynasty (35 books) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles is excellent! Follows a family from the 1200s through early 21st century. The first 3 books are $.99 and the next two are $1.99. If you like those, most of the rest are now $3.99 (a couple are $5.99). Available at both Amazon and Kobo.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C8R1173...118527&sr=8-10
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?qu...e-d6f473e6c6ea
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote