Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
New jetBook beta firmware

I just tried the latest beta version of the soon to be released jetBook firmware. This firmware is not ready for public release. Please don't ask me for a copy, or where to get it.

Being beta, I'll only mention improvements that I have observed so far. The folks at Ectaco are still hard at work adding features and fixing bugs before they release this new firmware.

Headers now display larger than body text. However, the headers still do not display as bolded.

The dictionary now works for epub and mobi ebooks!!! There is a slight bug regarding this, however. I have reported it to Ectaco and I'm sure it will be fixed before release.

I didn't notice if the previous firmware supported special characters or not, but this firmware displays characters like mdash, left/right quotes, copyright symbol, etc.

Indentation for poems and such seems to work. I tried a few ebooks which used multiple indentation levels and they displayed fine. In particular, the "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" with the "long tail" poem displays nicely.

There are still a few things that are not implemented, but I won't mention them until the final firmware is available. I don't know how many more of these missing features will be included in the final firmware release.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
The folks at Ectaco are still hard at work adding features and fixing bugs before they release this new firmware.
And what would be your best guess on when that will be? Is this the version that implements FBReader?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My original post about the new firmware will answer your questions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48615

That way I'm not making wild guesses, but just passing on information as it was given to me by Ectaco.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
jgray
Fanatic

I forgot to mention one thing that is working better in this beta firmware. With the previous firmware, I had some ebooks that would not display the images and some that did. In the beta firmware, those ebooks that did not display images do so now.