Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
bigeyes
bigeyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Fire HD 8 Plus
Common Format; Kindle Oasis and Fire HD 8

Hi all,

I have a latest generation Kindle Fire HD8 and Kindle Oasis.

In the past, I have had trouble getting the Fire HD8 to read mobi files created with Calibre. Those files worked fine with older regular Kindles.

Besides downloading other software (which is my current workaround); is there a format that works on both the Oasis and the Fire HD 8? I would prefer to use the standard Kindle reader on the Fire.

Thanks.
bigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #2
bigeyes

Also, what is the best location for sideloading books into the Fire HD 8 for use with the native Kindle Reader app? Thanks!
Advert
Old 12-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #3
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
AZW3 should work on both just fine. But, how do you transfer your books from your computer to your readers?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
bigeyes

On the Oasis (Kindle) I put the documents in the downloads folder.

I still have not figured out what folder to use to get documents onto the Fire HD. Well I can put documents on the device but have not found a folder that allows the Kindle app to find and read the documents. I am certainly open to suggestions.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:24 PM   #5
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
No, I literally meant, HOW do you put the books on the device? Using calibre? using a usb cable? Using a wireless method like cc? email?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
On the Oasis (Kindle) I put the documents in the downloads folder.

I still have not figured out what folder to use to get documents onto the Fire HD. Well I can put documents on the device but have not found a folder that allows the Kindle app to find and read the documents. I am certainly open to suggestions.
Does this help? https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201730100

Quote:
4. Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the compatible file you want to transfer into the applicable folder:
Audible: AA, AAX
Books: AZW (.azw3), MOBI (non-DRM), KF8
Documents: TXT, PDF, PRC, DOC, DOCX
Music: MP3, non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV
Pictures: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Movies: MP4, 3GP, VP8 (.webm)
5. Disconnect your Kindle Fire from your computer.
6. From your Kindle Fire, tap a content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap the Device tab to view your Kindle content.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
No, I literally meant, HOW do you put the books on the device? Using calibre? using a usb cable? Using a wireless method like cc? email?
I use Calibre and with USB to transfer eBooks to a Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote