Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Nook Glowlight 3 and Calibre

The nook treats all side loaded books as second class citizens. The way to work around this issue is to place all side loaded books into in the folder My Books, instead of the default, which is My Files.

With the Nook Glowlight Plus connected to my laptop Calibre has the following dialog under device settings:

This allowed me to set the path in this dialog to NOOK/My Books

When I plug the GlowLight 3 in and check the calibre device config, I see the following dialog box:

There is no place to add a path to drop files, so all my books are dropped under My Files.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can use Literals in the template

Code:
\MyBooks\PDF\{title}-{Authors}
The problem with this (PDF as a specific folder) is the simple template above, only works (as desired) for that format
You need another template for EPUB
(Those are simple samples. There is no Template, {format}, otherwise you could just stick {format} where I put PDF)

BTW does that Nook run Android? Calibre Companion DOES allow per format filing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

I believe it is running Android. But I think they did away with MTP and it now mounts as external storage, because I have the option to eject it from Dolphin on Linux.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
apastuszak
Evangelist

YES! It's definitely NOT using MTP any more. THANK GOD!

Comes up as removable storage instead of a media device.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I believe it is running Android. But I think they did away with MTP and it now mounts as external storage, because I have the option to eject it from Dolphin on Linux.
CC uses WiFi to connect to your Calibre. (assumes your PC's network has WiFi accessible) Just configure Preferences Sharing over the Net

Try the free CC sample at Google Play
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert