Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 AM   #1
duskwind
duskwind began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to sync Pocketbook eReader with Pocketbook Android App

I just got a new Pocketbook Touch Lux 4. I bought it, because I read in several places that it's possible to sync books and reading status with the Pocketbook Android App.

Preferably I would like to sync via Dropbox, because I mainly need synchronisation of epubs downloaded from fanfiction sites.

I connected the Android App to Dropbox and I connected the Touch Lux 4 with Dropbox. I don't understand how they are supposed to sync, because there are two different folders in my Dropbox. The Touch Lux created a 'Dropbox PocketBook' folder and the Android App created a 'PocketBook e-reader' folder.

I would consider using Pocketbook Cloud if Dropbox is not possible. I have an account already and login via Android works, but there is no option to login to the cloud on my Touch Lux 4, even though it's mentioned in the user manual.

When I open Settings, Accounts & Synchronisation I only see Send-to-PocketBook, Dropbox, ReadRate and Adobe DRM. There was no notification message either. The software is the latest version.

Any ideas?
duskwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:36 AM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Ultra, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2
For the cloud you have to write a mail with the serial number to the PB support.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #3
mobama
Addict
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwind View Post
I connected the Android App to Dropbox and I connected the Touch Lux 4 with Dropbox. I don't understand how they are supposed to sync, because there are two different folders in my Dropbox. The Touch Lux created a 'Dropbox PocketBook' folder and the Android App created a 'PocketBook e-reader' folder.
The "Apps/Dropbox Pocketbook" folder is the folder that syncs. Put there the files that you want synced to your Pocketbook device. If you want to sync everything, move everything into that folder.

Last edited by mobama; 09-03-2018 at 07:28 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
duskwind
duskwind began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
The "Apps/Dropbox Pocketbook" folder is the folder that syncs. Put there the files that you want synced to your Pocketbook device. If you want to sync everything, move everything into that folder.
I can move books into that folder and it syncs them with the Touch Lux 4, but not with the Android App... That's what I need.
duskwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
ploum
Connoisseur
ploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of lightploum is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Doesn't work well as soon as you have more than a few hundreds Mo of books. Or did I miss something?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert