Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #46
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I seem to remember I had a problem with accented chars in the path to the library.
I don't really think this is the problem you have, as you are a native english speaker, but it may help you.
I don't have any accented characters anywhere in the names of my folders. However, that was at least as helpful as any other suggestion. So, thanks.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #47
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could try removing all the files under Application Data/calibre under your user profile (you may have to enable being able to see hidden files to get to it). That is where your calibre preferences are stored under Windows and maybe one of them has got corrupted or set to a value that calibre does not like?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #48
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I don't have any accented characters anywhere in the names of my folders. However, that was at least as helpful as any other suggestion. So, thanks.
What about spaces?

Are you running calibre "as administrator"?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #49
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Great job. Time for another donation. This tool is indispensable for me and there has been so much improvement since the first iteration.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #50
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What about spaces?

Are you running calibre "as administrator"?

BOb
I'm the only user on any of my machines, and yes, I have administrative rights on each one.

I'll check out the space issue, although my usual user name is "Ricky"
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #51
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Thank you for Calibre - downloading as I type
June
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm the only user on any of my machines, and yes, I have administrative rights on each one.

I'll check out the space issue, although my usual user name is "Ricky"
Yes, but if you have UAC enabled, even an admin account runs as a standard user. So, you don't have rights to write to all locations on your file system. However, if you are specifying a folder in your User folder then you certainly should have rights to it.

BOb
Old 03-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
dsip
Connoisseur
dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Between Devices..
This looks great.
Thanks alot for your hard work!
dsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #54
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, but if you have UAC enabled, even an admin account runs as a standard user. So, you don't have rights to write to all locations on your file system. However, if you are specifying a folder in your User folder then you certainly should have rights to it.

BOb
Except that I don't have UAC enabled. That was the first thing I specifically disabled when I put Vista on the machines. I freaking hate UAC.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #55
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Except that I don't have UAC enabled. That was the first thing I specifically disabled when I put Vista on the machines. I freaking hate UAC.
Ah... well then it can't be a permissions issue.

(Although I can't see how you can hate UAC if you've never used it.

You might want to just try the simplest path you can. Create a folder on your c drive like calibredb and point to that folder. You will certainly have access to it and it will exist.

BOb
Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #56
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
My congrats also.
Quick question, seems I remember when I ran the last update, I needed to uninstall the previous version.

Should I uninstall this time also before running the new version?

Thanks for you GREAT "customer service"!!!!!

AJ
You shouldn't have too, but it doesn't hurt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Do you plan on adding support for non-DRM ereader PDB files? I have quite a few that i'd like to move over to some (any) other format.
Not any time soon, I'm afraid, but I'm in the middle of a refactoring of calibre which will make it even easier to add support for new file types. After that's done, all that's needed is python code to convert PDB to HTML
Old 03-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@RickyMaveety I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, sorry.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #59
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@RickyMaveety I'm out of ideas I'm afraid, sorry.
She might want to try Process Monitor and see what file/registry entry it is trying to access that it can't and why.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx

BOb
Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #60
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm but the error is about not being able to access the database file which has nothing to do with the registry (calibre doesn't store its setting in the registry).

Tags
0.5.0, announcement, calibre, new release, news