Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 AM   #31
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Thank you Kovid - calibre is an outstanding piece of software for all, but an indispensable lifeline to Sony owning Mac users
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #32
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
This sounds great! And congratulations I'm looking forward to go home tonight and check it out.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thank you for all the hard work that has gone into making Calibre such a wonderful tool!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #34
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Thanks for all the wonderful work, Kovid!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #35
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
You rock and you rule Kovid! I *love* Calibre and it has, as many have already said, made my e-reading life soooo much better. Keep it up!

Last edited by grimo1re; 03-10-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #36
smurphy
Connoisseur
smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.smurphy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Yeah - Congrats to one of the apps I like most, and which actually made me buy my PRS-505 ...

IMHO - all eBook Manufacturer should send you some hardware/books to show they like your work too

*OFFTOPIC*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In that case you've most likely got an antivirus program that's interfering with calibre.
Yeah - and the Virus the software is protecting from is Vista itself *lol*

Sorry - couldn't resist

Last edited by smurphy; 03-11-2009 at 06:57 AM.
smurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #37
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Now, if it would only make me pancakes in the morning
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #38
blues36
blues36 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900, Palm Pre
Calibre is a wonderful product, and I commend you for your efforts. THANKS AGAIN!
blues36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #39
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
My congrats also.
Quick question, seems I remember when I ran the last update, I needed to uninstall the previous version.

Should I uninstall this time also before running the new version?

Thanks for you GREAT "customer service"!!!!!

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #40
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thank you from another happy user!
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #41
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I only use it about once a month--but I have donated.

Thank you.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #42
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In that case you've most likely got an antivirus program that's interfering with calibre.
Interesting. I don't have one installed on the computer, and all of the Windows native ones have been disabled. But, it's probably that anyway.

Lovely program. Just wish I could use it. Maybe with some future release.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #43
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Do you plan on adding support for non-DRM ereader PDB files? I have quite a few that i'd like to move over to some (any) other format.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #44
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Thanks Kovid on behalf of all us Kindle folks. We no longer have to be jealous! The new release also seems to suck up less memory and run faster.

More $$ coming your way for all your hard work.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #45
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Interesting. I don't have one installed on the computer, and all of the Windows native ones have been disabled. But, it's probably that anyway.

Lovely program. Just wish I could use it. Maybe with some future release.
I seem to remember I had a problem with accented chars in the path to the library.
I don't really think this is the problem you have, as you are a native english speaker, but it may help you.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0.5.0, announcement, calibre, new release, news