Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Without Calibre I know I, and a lot of other people, would have found the e-reading experience a lot more troublesome.
And that is a fact! I shiver thinking about how less useful and practical my ebook readers would be without Calibre. The ability to format shift and develop ebooks from non-ebook sources with Calibre is something I almost take for granted. But I know I shouldn't.

There has been a lot of hard work in making Calibre the indispensable program it is, and I thank all who have been involved.

Thanks Kovid!

Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Congratulations, Kovid

BTW, I've selected the portuguese language, but the program is still in english (i've restarted it).

Also, I can't quit calibre. When I close it, an icon appears near the clock. Nothing happens when I right-click it. I have to terminate it (ctrl+alt+del).

Edit: I use Windows VIsta 32bits
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
gacosta
gacosta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Smile

I started to use calibre for my personnal convertion. Great software !!!
gacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Congratulations, Kovid

BTW, I've selected the portuguese language, but the program is still in english (i've restarted it).

Also, I can't quit calibre. When I close it, an icon appears near the clock. Nothing happens when I right-click it. I have to terminate it (ctrl+alt+del).

Edit: I use Windows VIsta 32bits
The protugese translation is nowehere near complete, which is why you dont see any portugese

The right click menu wont come up if you have a dialog open. You can quit from the main window by pressing Ctrl+Q
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
What everyone else said. Great work!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I tried to download and run it. Unfortunately, it won't work on my computer. I just keep getting an error that says my database is in a bad location. It won't run even if I allow it to create a new directory.

Oh well.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I tried to download and run it. Unfortunately, it won't work on my computer. I just keep getting an error that says my database is in a bad location. It won't run even if I allow it to create a new directory.

Oh well.
What OS are you on?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What OS are you on?
This machine is Windows Vista.

The whole error I get is ....

unable to open database file

Remote Traceback (most recent call last
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119,
Unable to open database file.

Then I get an error just saying "Bad database location:

_____

Other than that .... congrats

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 03-09-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Run it from a terminal with the following command

Code:
calibre --with-library c:\Users\your_user_name\library
Make sure that the folder c:\Users\your_user_name\library exists first
Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Run it from a terminal with the following command

Code:
calibre --with-library c:\Users\your_user_name\library
Make sure that the folder c:\Users\your_user_name\library exists first
I assume you mean "from a terminal" to mean from the command prompt.

If so .... I did that. Created the library folder in the correct place and then ran it as you suggested, from the command prompt, and .... got the same error.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #26
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Congratulations! I've found Calibre to be indispensable and it truly makes ebook management much much much easier. Keep up the good work!

For now, though, I think you're entitled to party.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I assume you mean "from a terminal" to mean from the command prompt.

If so .... I did that. Created the library folder in the correct place and then ran it as you suggested, from the command prompt, and .... got the same error.
In that case you've most likely got an antivirus program that's interfering with calibre.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:23 AM   #28
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Congrats Kovid and thanks for this must-have application. If it wasn't for this I don't know where I'd be today
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
The protugese translation is nowehere near complete, which is why you dont see any portugese

The right click menu wont come up if you have a dialog open. You can quit from the main window by pressing Ctrl+Q
Thanks.

BTW, if you tell me how, I can help with the portuguese translation.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:44 AM   #30
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Thanks.

BTW, if you tell me how, I can help with the portuguese translation.
Have look here and here.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0.5.0, announcement, calibre, new release, news