Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Friday's Question of the week 9th April 2010

Well ?

What about it ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
What about it? What about it??? What about IT?! Well, I don't know really. But since I'm to be Seriously Thoughtful, let me ponder it a bit.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I removed my original reply after noticing the seriously thoughtful tag...

Assuming that the "it" in question is this thread...

I enjoy this thread each week and look forward to be able to take part in the discussion no matter what direction it takes.

Since they've been quoted and no one else is being serious, I've added my original post back....

Quote:
umm Geoff, that's two questions....

But to answer them both....

well? Yes quite, thank you. And how are you?

What about it ? I happen to think that IT is the wave of the future. As a web developer and network administrator IT is integral to my life and professional development. In the years to come IT will have an even greater and more profound impact (both for the good and bad) on society and our way of life as we know it.

Last edited by dsvick; 04-09-2010 at 11:27 AM.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
What about it? What about it??? What about IT?! Well, I don't know really. But since I'm to be Seriously Thoughtful, let me ponder it a bit.

don't take too long, there's a time limit here ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
umm Geoff, that's two questions....
sorry, but who's counting !?

Quote:

But to answer them both....

well? Yes quite, thank you. And how are you?
Good, thanks; back in reality after a break ....

Quote:

What about it ? I happen to think that IT is the wave of the future. As a web developer and network administrator IT is integral to my life and professional development. In the years to come IT will have an even greater and more profound impact (both for the good and bad) on society and our way of life as we know it.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've had IT! I'm through with IT! I never want to see IT again!

(I'm having a REALLY bad morning at work today - with no signs of getting any better. So I came here to play.)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
GeoffC

what would you like to play ?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
IT's in vogue again, *I* didn't really think that IT was ever *out* (of vogue).

Where's GraceKrispy? She's in the *know* about all things "in vogue" or is that "in vog".
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
GeoffC

who's vogulating ....
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
what would you like to play ?
I would like to play "1000 really painful ways to maim, disable, and remove your coworkers." Followed by "1000 effective ways to hide bodies."

And finally "Try a new brand of Scotch tonight."

But I'll settle for being able to "rant & roll" here today.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
GeoffC

a brand of scotch I can advise on ... Edradour or Glenfiddich ....
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
a brand of scotch I can advise on ... Edradour or Glenfiddich ....
I heartily approve of Glenfiddich. Never had (or heard of) Edradour.
Currently enjoying Ardbeg (I am a big fan of the Islay varieties - love that peaty smoky flavor).
Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
GeoffC

Laophraig and Talisker
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Laophraig and Talisker
Oh yes - currently my cabinet has Laphroaig, Talisker, Lagavulin, and Ardbeg!
I'm well prepared for emergent situations!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh yes - currently my cabinet has Laphroaig, Talisker, Lagavulin, and Ardbeg!
I'm well prepared for emergent situations!

...like all of us stopping by at once???
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
GeoffC

with a cabinet like that, I'm on my way ...