Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Entourage vs Kindle DX

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who owns both of these or has owned both at one time. Which do you favor and why?
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
I'm interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who owns both of these or has owned both at one time. Which do you favor and why?
I've only briefly checked Edge from a friend. Nothing for me. Way too bulky. I want to have a reader, not a kind of sub-notebook.
I think, you simply can't compare the two. Different target groups, different capabilities.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
devseev
devseev began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I have a Kindle DX and am looking forward to getting my eDGe this week. I expect to be selling my Kindle DX shortly thereafter. I work almost exclusively with image-based PDFs and need to annotate and multitask as I read, so the eDGe is pretty much the only game in town for me, aside from an ultra-expensive tablet PC like the Lenovo x201. I don't expect the weight to be an issue because I'd mostly have it resting on my desk or my lap anyway.

I created a table comparing features of Kindle DX, eDGe, iPAD and tablet, take a look: http://u.nu/8snk7
devseev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Something to keep in mind if you're wondering about how to use the Journal while reading a PDF: if you double click the "Camera" tool in the PDF, you get a full colour copy of the page on the LCD side. You can then switch to the Journal and write your notes while looking at the PDF page on the LCD side. (Of course, you could also open the PDF in the PDF-to-Go app on the LCD side, I guess.)
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #5
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Kindle DX - Lighter, cheaper books, great battery life
Entourage Edge - Much better PDF support, Wacom digitizer, Open SDK, Android apps, SD support, USB support, built in microphone, camera, WIFI, and just about everything else. And I don't find anything great about Kindle's free 3G support. It's almost useless because its built in browser is so awful.
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert