Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
A pBook in 5 minutes from the ATM

Huh?

From Fortune Magazine:

Quote:
Bezos went into a soliloquy on the benefits of reading a book on the digital reader over the old-fashioned way. The Amazon.com (AMZN) founder was asked a question by an audience member who wondered what the company will do when Google (GOOG) and Wikipedia create a database of digital books which will lead to books being printed out in five minutes through an ATM machine.

“I don’t know why anyone would wait five minutes for a book,” Bezos deadpanned. “Our vision for kindle is we want to have every book in print or out of print, all available in less than 60 seconds. The medium time to download a book [on the Kindle] is 23 seconds.”
The Bezos response was a little silly to me but I am curious as to why Google and Wikipedia would go in on such a venture. I seem to be blind as to the possibility of this working well enough to make money.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!