Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Where's my solar powered Kindle

Just ran across this Kindle review from a beta tester.

Kindle Fakes Amazon (the update at the end is about fake Kindles being sold on eBay)

Quote:
I was one of the test subjects for Amazon for this new product. I have been using it for approx 3 months before the launch. Its far better than the Sony (Now outdated version). Is it worth $399? YES. Plus its going to get better, I have already suggested using solar power, and I have been informed that they are already in the process and making this happen in early 2008. They are actually going to give it a solar cover, so it charges while your nou have it put away even indoors with electric lighting, just like a calculator.
Noxxle's question in another thread is answered here:

Quote:
It did not take long for these to arrive. They are being sold here on eBay, Craigslist and some even turned up on Amazon. Not being sold by Amazon but by other sellers who sell on Amazon. This has been closed on Amazon, they no longer allow sellers to sell new or used Kindles on Amazon website.

The fakes do work and work very well, however they have no warranty, buyers are having trouble downloading books. (Thus it makes them useless) The major problem has been with the fakes is the battery. They dont hold a charge and some have overheated during the charge and melted the Kindle.

Where to buy to be 100% sure you have a genuine Kindle. (eBay and sellers will hate me for this.) Amazon.

Last edited by daffy4u; 05-17-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Has anyone tried a Solio with a Kindle yet?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert