Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #106
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yup, same here. I don't know how many times I've tapped the Check Now button on my N7 today
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #107
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Nexus 7 (2013) just received the update! Finally!

It's optimizing my apps now

Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #108
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Not for me yet - maybe soon!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #109
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure the update will hit your device today, if not today then very soon as a lot of users are starting to receive it now.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #110
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Me neither.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #111
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Me neither.
Likewise.

I don't want to resurrect an argument, but I'm most looking forward to having the persistent software buttons banished (at least in supported apps).
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm taking bets. Which one of my two Nexus devices will get the 4.4 update first?
  • Nexus 4
  • Nexus 7.2
My bananas are on the N4 .
It's tie. Both updated today.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #113
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Finally here as well. 3 weeks.

The new immersive mode works fabulously in Moon+ Reader Pro. I love that the 3 Android buttons, even after they pop up, are transparent! They really couldn't be any less intrusive. I also love that, unlike the official KitKat instruction says, you do not need to swipe from top of screen to reveal the 3 buttons. I'd find that very inconvenient. Although you can also do that, simply tapping at the very buttom of the Moon+ screen reveals the 3 buttons, too -- that's just perfect! So, for example, to return to home screen, all you need is to double-tap the bottom of your screen.

However, all is not well in KitKat for me. My favourite Business Calendar widget stopped working in weekly view.

Worst of all: the display of italic fonts no longer works properly in Moon+ Pro under KitKat. All words in italic appear inside e-books in an ugly sans-serif default font, not in the font you actually activated in your theme. Say, the whole book is in Calluna, a serif font, but all italic words are inserted in an ugly, plain, sans-serif default font. I wrote to the Moon+ developer to report the bug.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #114
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I got the notice to update today on my Nexus 7. That's 2 system updates and I've only owned the device since Sunday (Yes I know that's not the norm).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I too got the update rather I wanted or not. Gsam Battery Monitor no longer works had to find alternative and I just bought the app the other day.

I do not like the white indicators on the status bar. So plain I miss the blue. Also when I reboot the date on the lock screen has no spaces! FriNov22 is what is says. However it fixes itself after I unlock then relock. This is only on restarts.

Moon+ Pro is working for me but the italics and bold appear lighter and thinner than the regular font! It's weird.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #116
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I do not like the white indicators on the status bar.
Same here. The blue was much better.

Quote:
Moon+ Pro is working for me but the italics and bold appear lighter and thinner than the regular font! It's weird.
I guess it depends on which font you activated for the book. Try an unconventional font, and I'm afraid you'll see something similar to what I described above: the italic variety may be from a completely different font than the one you selected. May well apply to bold, too.

It appears that KitKat messed up the association of a font's regular set with its italic and bold varieties (and italic+bold) in Moon+ Pro. Let's hope the Moon+ developer can resolve the issue soon.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #117
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Same here. The blue was much better.

I guess it depends on which font you activated for the book. Try an unconventional font, and I'm afraid you'll see something similar to what I described above: the italic variety may be from a completely different font than the one you selected. May well apply to bold, too.

It appears that KitKat messed up the association of a font's regular set with its italic and bold varieties (and italic+bold) in Moon+ Pro. Let's hope the Moon+ developer can resolve the issue soon.
I see what you saying it's doing what Mantano use to do but if you select a bold font as your default it doesn't work the font displays really thin and light.

So if I select Amasis Bold it looks like Amasis Thin. Same for Italic font only the Regular Font looks as it should and even then italics display the app's default font.

He has a Facebook page I may post over there.

Mantano is not affected it displays all custom typesets correctly still.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #118
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Thumbs up

Quote:
He has a Facebook page I may post over there.

Thank you, that would be great. He got my email; now if you and others report it on Facebook as well, this may help the developer realise it's an ugly bug that should be squashed asap.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #119
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Thank you, that would be great. He got my email; now if you and others report it on Facebook as well, this may help the developer realise it's an ugly bug that should be squashed asap.
I just posted on there so hopefully he will see it.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #120
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
I too got the update rather I wanted or not. Gsam Battery Monitor no longer works had to find alternative and I just bought the app the other day.

I do not like the white indicators on the status bar. So plain I miss the blue. Also when I reboot the date on the lock screen has no spaces! FriNov22 is what is says. However it fixes itself after I unlock then relock. This is only on restarts.

Blossom you can change lock screen widget to use something else. I've got an HD Widgets on mine. Swipe the widget on the lock screen to the right to get the + sign. Tap it then select a different widget.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote