Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
T1 charge-battery meter

I have noticed that all my (so far) minor problems with my T1 have come when the device is not fully charged,the device software seems to be very sensitive to the battery level- has anyone else noticed that? how accurate is the battery meter anyway ??? I have had my device switch off due to "low battery" when the meter was still showing 3 bars
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Very strange - I run mine down to 1-2 bars before I think of recharging.

But I do use a wall charger, not USB. You could try that.....

Or, have you tried a reset ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not a big deal... I am not even sure that the issues are actually related to the battery level, it could be sheer coincidence, I have had it at one bar without any problems I have used both a wall charger and usb it's likely just the <sarcasm on> fine Sony software and I have reset numerous times... it's nothing major just random glitches that are "cured" by a power recycle/reset thanks for your input
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
judymm
judymm began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Battery level

How do I tell how low the battery is with a Sony PRS-T1? I can see the little battery symbol in the top RH corner, but cannot see any bars on it.
judymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by judymm View Post
How do I tell how low the battery is with a Sony PRS-T1? I can see the little battery symbol in the top RH corner, but cannot see any bars on it.
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/reader...tml#l3_battery status indicator

scroll down til you see pictures of what the battery status indicator is supposed to look like
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
bla
E bookworm

On my wish list is a proper battery level indicator like a % that little icon is probably the worst one of all my numerous devices... I keep shaking my head at the number of stupid design decisions made in what is otherwise an excellent reader.. the not showing the current time is another one but then Sony is notorious for badly designed software
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
bla
E bookworm

Oh btw according to the "Fine" manual... no bars means you are just about out of power.. personally I never let it get below 2 bars.. I let it switch off once due to low battery and it caused all sorts of problems took me a days charging and 2 resets to get the thing back to "mormal"
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
On my wish list is a proper battery level indicator like a % that little icon is probably the worst one of all my numerous devices... I keep shaking my head at the number of stupid design decisions made in what is otherwise an excellent reader.. the not showing the current time is another one but then Sony is notorious for badly designed software
The one that really gets me is not being able to browse by alphabet, it would be so much easier on a big collection to find things.
I'm also not completely happy with the stability on Sonys software on the T1 when trying to browse books I can remember it crashing quite a few times on both the T1's I've owned again it's probably down to me having quite a large selection but it's still unacceptable really.

Sadly the longer I own the device the more apparent it's faults are when I compare it with other readers.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
lisper
lisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
On my wish list is a proper battery level indicator like a % that little icon is probably the worst one of all my numerous devices...
I can see the percentage on my rooted device with:

Code:
cat /sys/devices/platform/mxc_spi.2/spi3.2/sub_cpu_bci/battery_capacity
The above command outputs 100 (because my battery is charged).
lisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisper View Post
I can see the percentage on my rooted device with:

Code:
cat /sys/devices/platform/mxc_spi.2/spi3.2/sub_cpu_bci/battery_capacity
The above command outputs 100 (because my battery is charged).
The majority of ereader users prefer a non-rooted device. Only a small handful of people tinker with gadgets to try to get them to do things the manufacturers never intended.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote