Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
Best Kindle DX cover/case

hi guys,

do you have a Kindle dx? i was wondering what cover or case do you have? and what do you think is the best case or cover for the kindle dx? thanks.
bokolobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
I'm very happy with the stock Amazon black leather cover. For travelling, I bought a cheap 10" netbook carrying case off E-bay (~$10). My DXG with cover fits in this fine and there is a zipped pocket to carry your charging cable. Works for me.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

thanks thomasc

mulling over my next purchase. the amazon DX cover vs m-edge executive jacket vs m-edge platform jacket
Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I love my Oberon DX case. I got the Sun in Purple. Very pretty, very sturdy, very nice feel to the case.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I use an M-Edge slip case and simply pull out my DXG to use it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
KecajN
Enthusiast
KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KecajN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBoox Inkpad 3, Inkpad X
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokolobs View Post
thanks thomasc

mulling over my next purchase. the amazon DX cover vs m-edge executive jacket vs m-edge platform jacket
I own M-Edge Platform. For me it is almost perfect. I originally planned to purchase Amazon one but I refrained from doing it after reading some user opinions at Amazon.
KecajN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
M-Edge GO!

I purchased the M-Edge GO! for my DXG. It is a fine case with just one problem. When the cover is closed it puts continuous pressure on the "5-way" button. I would set the DX down with the cover closed for a minute or two and then pick it up and find that the button had been pushed.

I fashioned a piece of foam slightly larger then the screen and about 6 - 8 mm thick. I now put the foam between the top cover and the screen to keep the cover from pressing on the button when closing the cover.
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Bought a cheap EVA netbook slip cover.
You probably don't want something that's always on the thing because it's so heavy already for when you are reading with it.
I just threw a piece of foam inside of it so that it fits well if I have to move it or throw it in a backpack, and it's well insulated:
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Line.../dp/B003EVVAFQ

If you want something that fits a little better but is less durable, but still cheap, i'd go with (just ordered this now, looked good, got the one with map pattern):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NJGLEK

CC cases are cheap but pretty decent quality. The seams are nice and the materials are good. They feel sturdy and don't fall apart.

Last edited by curstpriest; 11-14-2010 at 07:18 PM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
bokolobs
Enthusiast

@curstpriest
i already have a sleeve but i want that offers a more permanent protection.

@keeska
i wonder if the executive jacket also has that problem.

also, can you guys point me to video reviews of DX covers? thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
The second link I posted is not a sleeve, it's a folding cover that holds it in place with straps, has a pouch on outside that keeps your headphones/adapter/usb cable in it.
Inside of case is lined with memory foam so it won't put pressure on the 5way like 90% of the "book" covers do.

If you follow this link you can see the pictures of what it looks like inside >>

only thing that may be irritating is the straps on the top/bottom that may cover ther keypad/corners, I'll see how bad it is when I get it, but doesn't look like it will be too annoying from the picture, and reviews people say it's fine

Last edited by curstpriest; 11-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
bokolobs
Enthusiast

i think i'm going with m-edge executive jacket with the eluminator2. thanks guys

Tags
case, cover, kindle dx