Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
compucure
compucure began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 reader
Synching PRS 600 with Mac

Hi there

I am pleased to have found this forum! As a pc IBM user i am completely mystified by the software. the PRS 600 is supposedly plug 'n play. I have not experienced this`! I found some helpful tips on this forum but nothing has worked so far. I can load a book onto the Reader, but when I try to synch with the mac - no go.

Not having received any drivers with the package I downloaded all software and managed to synch one book out of My Books folder and that was it - should I wipe the whole thing & start over? I hope I have given enough info in my frustration! Thanks.
compucure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Welcome Compucure!

I don't have a Mac, but many people have reported problems with synching in general. You might want to simply drag and drop the books on to the reader in Sony Reader Library or use Calibre rather than use the synching feature. It caused more hassle than it was worth for me.

I'm sure you will get a more specific answer from some of the others.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
How are you loading the book into your reader? Install the latest Sony Reader Library, connect you reader to mac via USB cable that came with your reader. Open Sony Reader Library and import your books into the Sony Reader Library first, then drag and drop your books to your reader icon or sync
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Alsicole
Connoisseur
Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPhone 6, iPad Mini Retina,
I have a Mac and a PRS 505. I'd really recommend Calibre rather than any of the Sony solutions. It just works, and the creator keeps it regularly updated and bug fixed.
Alsicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You don't need to use any software at all unless you're buying DRM-protected books; just copy the book directly to the Reader via the drive that mounts when you connect the USB cable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert