Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
EPUB3 and KOBO devices

Hello,

I'm currently trying to add support for KEPUB output in my KCC.

Naively I thought that generating valid EPUB 3.0 is enough... but that is not even close.

After long period of header smashing I successfully opened my file in Kobo for PC. But none of image appear.

This file render correctly in all EPUB readers I tested - not counting Kobo. It might look somewhat strange as it was hardcoded to Kobo Aura HD resolution but images appear.

I offer half of Princess for any information how fix this file for Kobo devices.

https://mega.co.nz/#!5sdEBALD!jLiTxP...-LOM7KZdr50tUw
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See if https://github.com/kobolabs/epub-spec offers any hints that might help.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seen that.

Additionally: https://github.com/hojel/cbz2epub3
Script that convert bare images to working KEPUB. Exactly what I need and... I can't replicate results. Even using theirs HTML/CSS structure.

I probably missing some small detail.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well as predicted cause was simple:
Special characters in EPUB file name broken the reader.

Well played Kobo.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-16-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The standard advice for all platforms is to avoid special characters and spaces in the file names within ePubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:38 AM   #6
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yeah. Within. I'm talking about EPUB file name.