Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Eppie
Eppie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Can't find metadata?

Today I put many books into Calibre (downloaded from Amazon over the last few weeks), went to edit the metadata in order to get tags, book covers, comments, etc.

But all I get (for every one) is ERROR: NO MATCHES FOUND

It looks as if every one does NOT have an ID number; could that be the problem? And if so, why did ID numbers not come through? How do I get them?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Eppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You should only need the author and title to be correct to be able to get reliable metadata. I normally clear the id field so that I can see metadata for all versions of a book as having values there tries to restrict the search to matching ones.

Make sure you do not have superfluous information in either of the author or title fields as it can throw off the match
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you are running calibre version 0.8.25 there were recently some changes to the Amazon website that broke metadata downloading from Amazon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Eppie

Thank you for your reply!

Right before I added the books to Calibre today, I did update the Calibre. It currently says (on the left-hand side): calibre version 0.83
(on the right-hand side, in red): update found 0.8.25

I will click on that and see what happens.

THANKS!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppie View Post
Right before I added the books to Calibre today, I did update the Calibre. It currently says (on the left-hand side): calibre version 0.83
(on the right-hand side, in red): update found 0.8.25
If you had actually updated calibre it would say 0.8.25 on the left side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppie View Post
I will click on that and see what happens.
Clicking the update link, does not update calibre. The update link should take you to download page. This page is where you download the current version. Once you have downloaded the version simply ensure you have exited calibre and install the new version. Calibre will now be updated. All of your books and previous settings will not be altered during this update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Eppie

Ugh, I'm not very bright with these things, am I?

I had downloaded it, but not installed it.

Thanks a lot, Walt!