Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl
apocalypsegrrl began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage PocketEdge
Unhappy Did I get a dud?

Just got my Woot PE today and- I think it's not charging. No light or any response when it's plugged in and no battery light comes on when I try turning it on. Anybody else have this problem?
apocalypsegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
You might have a dud, I would recommend that you check with the store you bought it from and review the warranty.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Also try fiddling around with the way you plug it into the PE. I know mine had to be at a certain angle in order for it to work. Also try general troubleshooting like trying multiple outlets. The green light with flash on and off if you get it right. I'm sure woot would oblige you with some sort of refund if none of that works, they have in the past.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
And make sure you're not plugged into the headphone jack! My friend did this for weeks with hers and was so disappointed until she saw mine and realized what she did wrong!
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Remember it could also be a dud charger. I've had this happen with other electronics. If you know someone with a PE try theirs. If not contact Woot, I've had good customer service from them in the past.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl

Update: It's charging now- I tried a different outlet and fiddling with the angle. Thanks for the tips guys! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to return it.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Methinks she had it in the headphone jack!
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl

Probably. That's what I get for deciding to test run it late at night while half asleep. :P
Old 07-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsegrrl View Post
Probably. That's what I get for deciding to test run it late at night while half asleep. :P
I still have to look carefully (with my glasses on! ) to make sure I've got my charger in the right place! It's the hole by the hinge. (Too late for a redesign. )

So glad you got it charging!!

Is setup going smoothly now?

Oh! I almost forgot: Welcome to MobileRead!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
LOL - I accidentally plug it in the headphone jack all the time.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I still have to look carefully (with my glasses on! ) to make sure I've got my charger in the right place! It's the hole by the hinge. (Too late for a redesign. )

So glad you got it charging!!

Is setup going smoothly now?

Oh! I almost forgot: Welcome to MobileRead!
So far, so good. I spent most of today reading the forums and making sure that everything else (apps, the ereader, pc connection, wifi, etc.) is working. I haven't installed the Ermine update yet, but I might not need to since right out of the box it has most of the features I wanted.

So far, I'm thrilled- the second I saw this gadget, I just had to have one.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #12
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
What a relief to hear I'm not the only one who's tried charging it through the headphone jack! I thought "Oh this is not a good fit is it?" but still didn't realize right away what I had done.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I've put the charger into the headphone jack a few times, the very first time I got it, and then whenever its 2am and I'm halfway in bed already lol
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
What a relief to hear I'm not the only one who's tried charging it through the headphone jack! I thought "Oh this is not a good fit is it?" but still didn't realize right away what I had done.
Asa! When did you get a PE??

Nice to have you here.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote