Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #16
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I posted it wondering how Nook people felt Being promised something that might not happen.
Speaking for myself, I'm pretty happy with my (unrooted) Nook Color right now. If I wasn't happy with it, I wouldn't have bought it. The most delightful thing about it for me is the ability to carry full-color PDF versions of crochet and tatting patterns. Also, the web browsing, when wifi is available, is really quite good for an ebook reader.

Also, the lawsuit is unlikely to prevent the upgrade or the App Store from happening (though it will likely not be called the App Store as Apple would object). If anything, B&N will have to pay a license fee. End users won't know the difference.

(Am I a "Nook person"? I've owned most of the major and un-major brands of ebook readers except Kindle and Sony. Badly disguised competitive my-brand-is-better-than-yours trolling is rather distasteful IMO.)
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
LOL I dont think Kindles are any better than Nooks. Even tho I had 2 Nooks Both were broke! I have friends that have Nooks & no problems! Several have Color & made them into Tablets. I went to Kindle got a working one the 1st time LOL When I got my 1st PC 6 yrs ago I got a HP No Problems! A friend raved about Acer ...So I got 1 BROKE! Now I have HP Laptop works great! Seems Some brands like me some dont LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Here is an article that gives thumbnails of each patent. They are all software patents, so anybody but the US SC wold invalidate them (IMHO )
Yeah.... patents have gotten silly with software and business process patents in the USA at least.

Ironically we can hope Microsoft wins their patent case today in the supreme court, that would make it easier for B&N to be able to fight this.

Ref: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport..._showdown.html
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

I am Lost! Twobits How Does Microsft Winning going to make it Easier for B&N. Since it Microsoft Sueing B&N in the 1st place
Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I am Lost! Twobits How Does Microsft Winning going to make it Easier for B&N. Since it Microsoft Sueing B&N in the 1st place
Because, Microsoft has a case before the supreme court, that if they win will make defending against patent lawsuits easier. Follow the link I put in that post.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

LOOKS LIKE THEY [B&N] DID IT! Making this thread Out dated LOL