Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
cityzen
cityzen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Errors when converting anything to Mobi...

Hi All
Getting an error and it is baffling me, and it is my first one since starting with the program a year ago.

When ever I try to convert to Mobi, be it from a txt, lit, epub etc, I get the following error:

calibre, version 0.7.43
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 215, in run
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 266, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\config.py", line 45, in save_specifics
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database.py", line 1155, in set_conversion_options
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 251, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 215, in run
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I can't find anything quite the same in the threads. It has been happening for about three weeks and I have done the last two updates to see if fixed.

Only changes recently are that I have started to use the find and replace function for conversion, I have my books on a WD MyBook World Edition (ie through a router) but error was coming before that. I had been accessing the books through multiple computers (via the My Book) as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fred
cityzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Looks like your database is corrupted somehow - try running a database integrity check.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
cityzen

Okay, how does nothing sound as an answer?

I click the down arrow next to library, select Library Maintenance and then Check Library.

A window opens saying it is checking integrity and dumping database to SQL, then it goes away, click anywhere in calibre and get the hourglass cursor or the not responding message and then nothing - which I suspect isn't the response I wanted.

What next?

And thanks for your help so far.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have a screwed up database. Search this forum for restore_database for instructions on how to restore it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
cityzen

Thanks Shall do now.
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
cityzen

If I am interpreting this right the restore will only work if I have done a back up through calibre - either way nothing happens. I do have a MS SyncToy back up of my directory (only a few days old), is there a way I can use this to fix?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
the restore_database uses metadata backups Calibre creates by itself, not ones it requires you to create. Did you remember to include --really-do-it? The command you need to run is, in full
Code:
calibredb restore_database --really-do-it
You could use the Synctoy backup you have, as well, but you'd of course lose any changes you made since then. Also, you need a backup of both the directory structure and the metadata.db file taken at the same time.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #8
cityzen

Was just using -r
using --really-do-it has the same result = blinking cursor

Also notice (while roaming around command prompt) directory is called calibre2
Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityzen View Post
Was just using -r
using --really-do-it has the same result = blinking cursor
Well, it should do something. How long did it sit at the blinking cursor? Did you kill the task or did it finish by itself?

Quote:
Also notice (while roaming around command prompt) directory is called calibre2
That's by design on Windows systems. I forgot the reason.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
cityzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Well, it should do something. How long did it sit at the blinking cursor? Did you kill the task or did it finish by itself?
We are at about 15 minutes now from the last enter press.
Quote:
That's by design on Windows systems. I forgot the reason.
Cool - never noticed before.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:40 AM   #11
cityzen

Hold the phone - just stared processing.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #12
Manichean
Wizard

That's good to hear. Give it time, depending on your library size it could be a while till it finishes.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #13
cityzen

Yep thought so - about 3000 books - so a while I guess. So am I going to lose the books i added today?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
Manichean
Wizard

The restore_database reconstructs the database from the state of the directory structure it finds. It should rebuild to the state it was in the last time you had a working library, so I guess your added books should make it, if they were saved successfully.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #15
cityzen

Cheers - all the help has gotten me of my arse and I have finally donated as well - thanks.