Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Sony & Kobo don't have Terry Goodkind

I was surprised to see that Kobo and Sony don't have Terry Goodkinds "Wizard's First Rule" (or others in the series). Any ideas if they might one day be available in Canada?

Also, I was in Indigo today and the first three books in this series were over $30 in a boxed set but about $7-$8 each. That makes no sense!
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
They do their best to keep their libraries clean.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
* Ba-dump bump *

DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Explain?
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
That's a good one .
As OP's question goes - I remember a year or so back Goodkind struck an exclusivity deal with Amazon. It was not supposed to be perpetual but maybe it's turned to be such.

I'd recommend checking out your fantasy reading friends - there is surely someone ready to pay you for taking those books .

P.S. The first 3 books are not that bad, it's the rest 9 to spoil the series.
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I typically find that most people that I run into on a daily basis don't like to think and don't analyze anything. Obviously you are one of those people that likes to think about things as you go through your day. The retailers that you are looking at are obviously one of those retailers that like to take advantage of people who don't think. They structure their prices in a less than honest way so that you pay more than you need to for the products that you buy on a day to day basis. As a general rule I typically like to do business with honest business people who deal fairly with their customers rather than playing them for fools and attempting to slide a fast one past them like the merchant that you specified. Typically I do business with Borders, who have always given me a square deal, however I am taking them out of my ebook equation for two reasons: 1) They are a middle man, and I preferr not to deal with middle men, they add no value; 2) They appear to be near bankrupcy and as such continued availablity of their services is in question. Unfortunatly this can be accomplished with Terry Goodkind as only his latest novels are in ebook. So you may need to buy the books one by one in order to save dollars.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
That's a good one .
As OP's question goes - I remember a year or so back Goodkind struck an exclusivity deal with Amazon. It was not supposed to be perpetual but maybe it's turned to be such.
Ah, I though they weren't in eBook at all.
Kindle exclusive ? Guess I won't be reading Mr Goodkind then... Too bad, looked interesting.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have not bought a Goodkind and would not but a different reason. I refuse to overpay for a book, don't like the $10 price tag for a softback and/or ebook, I tend to preferr the $8 price.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have said this before: I like Goodkind's books, but he doesn't stick in my brain for some reason. If I see the book, I think "Oh goody!", but as soon as I look away, I forget about it completely. I can not explain this, it just is.

When I saw this thread, it reminded me that I want to see what he has available.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
I was surprised to see that Kobo and Sony don't have Terry Goodkinds "Wizard's First Rule" (or others in the series). Any ideas if they might one day be available in Canada?
There are five Terry Goodkind books on the Canadian version of the kobobooks.com site. Debt of Bones is 5.59. The Law of Nines is $20.89. The other three are $7.29. The three $7.29 books were added in December 2010--maybe it's a trend and the series referenced above will also be there at some point.

Last edited by taming; 01-10-2011 at 10:13 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Debt of bones is a novella, isn't it? That is sort of pricey for a longish short story.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Others in the series.

http://ebookstore.sony.com/author/terry-goodkind_112180
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Am I the only person who hasn't been able to get into Goodkind? I bought a HB copy of the Sword of Truth (I think) that had two other stories - one with an elf-girl who turns into a tree (?!) and something else. They all kind of ran together to me and made no real sense. Let me dig my copy up when I get home. It might be something I'll put in the bookswap at Goodreads.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph
Am I the only person who hasn't been able to get into Goodkind?
Nope. Sword of Truth did absolutely nothing for me either.

...and that was even before I discovered that Goodkind was a proselytizing, egotistical ass.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-10-2011 at 01:45 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
Am I the only person who hasn't been able to get into Goodkind? I bought a HB copy of the Sword of Truth (I think) that had two other stories - one with an elf-girl who turns into a tree (?!) and something else. They all kind of ran together to me and made no real sense. Let me dig my copy up when I get home. It might be something I'll put in the bookswap at Goodreads.

Re-read my post
astra is offline   Reply With Quote